Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall and the running game looking strong

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Mendenhall and the running game looking strong

The o line was getting a nice push tonight and Mendenhall was running hard and strong. He was breaking and spinning out out of tackles left and right. It was important for them to come out and play with some intensity and establish the line of scrimmage, they did that tonight with the run and the pass too.

Mendenhall: 6 rushes for 28 yds. and 2 receptions for 17 yds.
    Redman: 8 rushes for 26 yds. 1 reception for 7 yds.
    Moore: 5 rushes for 16 yds. 1 reception for 23 yds.
    Dwyer 13 rushes for 44 yds. 1 reception for 6 yds.

Overall I'm encourage by the complete 180 of the offense in general and the running game was pulling it's own weight and then some tonight. All the backs powering through tackles and also making a good contribution in the passing game. Tomlin and Running Backs Coach Kirby Wilson both had to be pleased.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Mendenhall is Mendenhall and will have a nice year again for sure.....I thought he made sick one handed catch in the game tonight....Would like to see him used more in the passing game......I think Redman is such a perfect compliment and nice role player for this year.....I'm glad Dwyer is coming on strong since RB can be such a demanding position and you never can have to many.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah that one handed catch Mendenhall was really heads up. You could tell he had good concentration and awareness of Ben needing to find an outlet.

I was really impressed with Dwyer tonight too, after that debacle at the start of camp he took it upon himself to lose the weight and concentrate on doing all he could to make the roster.

Redman still proving he can get it done when he's given opporunities...
    Some say he is nothing special, but the guy clearly has an exceptional combination of balance and power. He's just got a knack for finding those extra yards.

Clay is a beast too...

Just run on the teams with the big pass defenses... i like it.

Was Tomlin calling plays tonight??

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Clay got a chance to get some carries too, good point. He was mainly in during the 4th quarter I believe and had a few decent runs. He's got a chance to make the practice squad if he continues to improve. I think Dwyer is a lock for the 4th RB spot on the team at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Clay is a beast too...

Just run on the teams with the big pass defenses... i like it.

Was Tomlin calling plays tonight??
    LOL.....it sure seemed like someone besides Arians was calling plays.

Maybe Carnell Lake? :-)

They did look very good last night and it was great to watch. The Eagles D that even though Vince Young thinks it's a dream team they really have some huge holes. They have great CB's, good ends but their safety's are average and their LB's suck. Matthews in the middle looked lost and certainly isn't in the same class as the Matthews that won the SB last year.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Eagles looked like the Steelers did last week vs the Redskins. They had no emotion, no motivation, no sense of urgency from what I saw. The running game proved that. As much as you can credit the offensive line of the Steelers and the running backs for playing well, the Eagles also just looked totally lost. Regardless, Pittsburgh came out with an attitude, a purpose, and a sense of urgency in all facets of the game. That's what you like to see from the veterans especially.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Pittsburgh came out with an attitude, a purpose, and a sense of urgency in all facets of the game. That's what you like to see from the veterans especially.
    That's absolutely correct. I want to see it every practice and pre season and regular season game. I'm a believer in you play how you practice, not that you can flick a switch on and off when you want.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information