Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Hills looked great at OG.

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Tony Hills looked great at OG.

Man, after struggling at OT...Hills looks like he has found a home at OG. I mean there were times when he just "STONE WALLED" his man. Looks like he is developing a mean streak. Here's hoping Scott and Gilbert are OK..The offensive line looks like it might be in LOTS better shape than last year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Scott and Gilbert both have hyper extended knees, Tomlin said they should be fine. *knock on wood*

Hills didn't look too bad at LT either tonight. He came in when Gilbert when down and held his own. He was indeed getting chippy out there and tossing some guys around who got in his face. This is the best we've seen him since he came to the team. He's still got a lot of work to do, and I'm not sure I'd say he was "great" just yet LOL, but I'm encouraged for sure.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-18-2011 at 11:39 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Good to hear that Scott and Gilbert are going to be ok.....I would have to think that Hills is going to make the team at this point.......Scott, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert, are 5 locks.......Legursky, Foster, and Hills should make it.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Good to hear that Scott and Gilbert are going to be ok.....I would have to think that Hills is going to make the team at this point.......Scott, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert, are 5 locks.......Legursky, Foster, and Hills should make it.....
    All of those players you mentioned shouldn't have any problem making the team. Hills has shown enough in camp and preseason so far to warrant keeping him around. He's in the best shape of his life and finally getting on the field and making a different. Foster is also a given to make the team IMO. He's a solid player at either Guard spot. Keith Williams and Chris Scott need to step up their game though.

FYI, Tony Hills is 330 lbs. with only 13% body fat. That is a beast folks, pure and simple.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-18-2011 at 11:57 PM.

My Mood
    Mad
    I didn't expect Keith Williams to have a shot really....thought he was the perfect late round drafted player that will spend a season or two on the practice squad to develop.......

How many OL do the Steelers keep will be the question?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    9 is probably a safe number at this point. With all the injuries last year I would hope they try to keep that extra guy available and ready to go. If that holds true then the guys you mentioned, and Foster would be your group most likely, IMO. Keith Williams and Chris Scott would likely be PS players.

My Mood
    Mad
    I think Tony Hills is starting to feel comfortable and looks to be NFL quality.....Kudos to ktrain since he always did like Tony Hills.....I thought he played well at LT tonight....the ability to play multi positions along the offensive line is huge......Some times it just takes time for a player to get it and considering all the injuries Hills has had in the past its understandable....

my god tony hills is making my dreams come true, looks like hes going to be worth the wait. he looks like a grown *** man out there
    Last edited by K Train; 08-19-2011 at 12:31 AM.

My Mood
    Mad
    Dare I say Colon looked solid in pass-pro tonight...Maybe all the bums that played RG next to him was a factor......I know I'm hard on Colon but hey thought he looked damn good out there......

I just want the best 5 to play period......I don't care if its rookies like Gilbert or journeyman undrafted types....Just get the best 5 on the field and pray to the football gods that no injuries happen....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The more versatile he makes himself the better chance he'll have of not only making the team, which I think he'll do anyways, but also seeing more playing time once the season starts. Legursky is the primary backup at this point but Hills will be pushing him for that spot if he keeps this up.

Thread Information