Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious secondary troubles.....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty

Serious secondary troubles.....

I was just sickened by the entire D last night but as i've said before nothing more than this **** poor secondary....

I wish they would have taken the salaries of Ike Taylor, Willie Gay and McFadden grouped them together and picked up Asomugha...that's how mad I am about this!!!
    There is no way we can survive a secondary attack and everyone in the NFL knows exactly where to throw to win.....not a good thing!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Girl, it was real bad.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Both Ike and Ryan Clark were gone before the 1st team defense left the field. Plus Troy was playing either. McFadden also did not dress for the game. So basically you had backup secondary in there almost out of the gate. When you combine that with the fact that with the face that both Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen also did not play, it was the backups, backups in most of the game. The only player with any experience besides Ryan Mundy, was Will Gay.

Now having said that, yes the secondary was in trouble last year and they appear to be bringing back the same starting 4 so should we expect anything to be different? We can hope. We can hope the young guys step up. We can hope Will Gay can play better, that Troy can stay healthy, the Clark can make more tackles instead of always going for the kill shot.

However it's only preseason game one right now. There's 3 more left and time to see how the young guys will do.

Eh, the guys on the field weren't starters. Disappointing that they didn't play better, but a lot of guys probably won't even make the final roster.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think the worst part is, even more than than the way the starters played was the quality of play from all the backups. Granted most of those guys won't make the team, and we haven't seen the rookie DB's yet but overall you hope for a better showing from your backups than that. There is still time to get things rectified and I'm sure Tomlin will work them hard this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I think the worst part is, even more than than the way the starters played was the quality of play from all the backups. Granted most of those guys won't make the team, and we haven't seen the rookie DB's yet but overall you hope for a better showing from your backups than that. There is still time to get things rectified and I'm sure Tomlin will work them hard this week.
    Sometimes you need a kick in the *** to get better. Maybe the o-line looking like a death trap for Ben and the secondary looking like the store brand paper towel in one of those Brawny vs. the generic brand absorbency commercials will give them the jolts they need to improve.

Or maybe they'll continue to suck. Who knows?

Draft Pick
    I think any time we play a pro bowl qb it will be tough to win. Just look at what happens everytime we play Brady then brees torched us and so did Rodgers. Its definatley scary seeing how we were pretty much exposed to all 30 other teams in the superbowl last year. I think every team comes out throwing 40-50 times a game heck I would....

Are you calling Rex grossman a pro bowler?

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Are you calling Rex grossman a pro bowler?
    Are you saying he isn't?

Draft Pick
    No it had nothing to do with grossman just our secondary. I'm not goin to grade our secondary from a preseason game against the redskins. Just giving examples of our past experiences against pro bowl qbs ( Brady brees Rodgers).I think our secondary is in trouble too and will be tough to beat a team with a good qb this season. (I think grossman is about as pro bowl worthy as Dixon is)

Thread Information