Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No need for kick returners anymore

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation No need for kick returners anymore

Hell why bother putting Mewelde Moore, Jonathan Dwyer, or Antonio Brown back to return kicks anymore. Even Jeff Reed can kick into the end zone now. This new kickoff rule, kicking at the 35, is ridiculous. It was stupid when they passed it and it's even more stupid now.

Nearly every kickoff in the game tonight was deep into the endzone, and some almost split the uprights. What is this, Arena Football?

It's all in the name of player safety they say, but how about taking away a legitimate part of the game. I'm sorry but it's a total bunch of crap! Kickoff returns used to be exciting, now they might as well just take a 2 minute timeout and them the ball at the 20.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Hell why bother putting Mewelde Moore, Jonathan Dwyer, or Antonio Brown back to return kicks anymore. Even Jeff Reed can kick into the end zone now. This new kickoff rule, kicking at the 35, is ridiculous. It was stupid when they passed it and it's even more stupid now.

Nearly every kickoff in the game tonight was deep into the endzone, and some almost split the uprights. What is this, Arena Football?

It's all in the name of player safety they say, but how about taking away a legitimate part of the game. I'm sorry but it's a total bunch of crap! Kickoff returns used to be exciting, now they might as well just take a 2 minute timeout and them the ball at the 20.
    Fans around this game for more than a year know this was going to happen. Goodball just put the ball on the 20 for starters and let the teams save some money for a few good Defenders. We need em.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 08-13-2011 at 12:23 PM.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah we've known it's coming but it's really hitting home now when you see it happen in a live game. Honestly though, Goodell can't possibly sit back and be proud of himself for taking such an important part of the game away. Oh wait, yeah he can what was I thinking.

The kickoff has officially become the most boring part of football.

Just a dumb dumb rule. I just don't get it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is going to sink the NFL like a rock in a pond. It's going to be an issue all year long and the competition committee better revisit this stupid rule after the season is over. Absolutely ludicrous to think this is anything but bad. Considering it passed by a vote of 26-6, all we can hope for is that those 6 can influence the rest.

Someone should tell sushi this...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    This Is honestly the best rule in the NFL for us considering how Terrible our kick coverage has been and was again tonight

Suisham still can't kick it out of the endzone at the 35. Cost us a 60 yard return.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by JShare86 View Post
    This Is honestly the best rule in the NFL for us considering how Terrible our kick coverage has been and was again tonight
    Unfortunate but true for the Steelers, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Suisham still can't kick it out of the endzone at the 35. Cost us a 60 yard return.
    I was wishing for Jeff Reed, oh wait well maybe not quite THAT bad yet. Hell though Reed could have kicked these into the endzone. If the rest of the league is going to kick it into the endzone then the Steelers better find someone who can do that too.

My Mood
    Cool
    Sqeezme only got it to the five on one kickoff and I thought the guy was going to run it back the whole way. Maybe kickoffs will still be exciting....for the other team!

Thread Information