Thread: Backups on the offensive line not looking too bad for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share

Threaded View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Backups on the offensive line not looking too bad for the Steelers

Talking specifically about the backups here.

Chris Scott is turning a lot of heads at camp so far and he's doing what is asked of him. Scott is 6'4" 319 lbs and in his second year in the league. At the very least the team will have some solid reserves this year, something we haven't had in a LONG time in Pittsburgh. I believe he's been playing Tackle and Guard in camp so far.

If the season were to start to today I'd be content with guys like Chris Scott, Doug Legurksy, and the young draft pick Marcus Gilbert backing up the starters. If rookie Keith Williams can have a good preseason he'll have a chance to make the roster too. There is still a lot camp left and we'll see how they do in preseason. These games coming up will tell us a lot about where they are headed but I like what's happening with some of these guys.

Backup Tackle does concern though me as I'm sure it does all of you too. Hell the starting Left Tackle concerns me but it is what it is right now. How fast will Gilbert catch on? We'll see in preseason coming up. If he doesn't have to play right away I think he learn a lot and be ready later in the season if needed. Can Chris Scott keep playing well and solidify a roster spot? Tony Hills has barely sniffed the field since he came to Pittsburgh and even when he has he's done nothing.

At the start of camp I was thinking the Steelers offensive line in 2011 was going to be pretty solid. Since camp started though it's gone from potentially great to a total question mark. Atleast though there is some potential waiting in the wings.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-11-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Thread Information