Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Grisham making a name for himself

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tyler Grisham making a name for himself

Watch out for this kid. He had another good day in camp and Ben had some good things to say about him. We talked about this alittle bit tonight on the Blitzburgh Radio Steelers Podcast with Chuck Finder. Grisham is working hard and at this point could definitely make the roster as a 5th or 6th WR. I'm anxious to see him in preseason and see how he does. We should hopefully see him a lot vs. Washington this Friday night.

Ben Roethlisberger worked with the first group, and it turned out to be a pretty efficient showing. On first down, Roethlisberger completed a 17-yard pass to Heath Miller, and then with the clock still running, Roethlisberger hustled the offense to the line of scrimmage and completed a 7-yard pass to Arnaz Battle.

On that play to Battle,
    Lawrence Timmons flashed up the middle on a blitz and had it been a live tackling drill he might have had a sack. But then on second-and-4 from the 36-yard line, Roethlisberger found Tyler Grisham deep down the left sideline for the touchdown.

My Mood
    Fight
    Non contact practice, don't take much from that because they aren't going full speed.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They've been in pads since last week, although yes it's not full on like it is in a game. Still though, when you see a guy who's on the bubble having a good camp, it encourages you that he's taking his opportunities seriously. When you factor that against other guys that are dropping passes in camp, injured and missing, etc. he's staking his claim to a roster spot.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I said a year ago I think he could be a poor man's Wes Welker, maybe I should be called Nostradamas!! LOL
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I said a year ago I think he could be a poor man's Wes Welker, maybe I should be called Nostradamas!! LOL
    I said the same thing last year and got slammed..."Just because you have a white WR doesn't mean he's the next Wes Welker"...lol

As a slot guy he seems able..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    LOL, I'll take a poor man's Wes Welker any day if he produces on the field. Plus if he does make the team he'll be the 4th or 5th WR on the field when he does see action, so he won't be going against the defenses top flight corners. I'd like to see him make the roster.

I watched him play at Clemson and I saw him at camp in 2009 when he went to our practice team. The kid has talent but it is yet to be seen if he will be as good in the NFL as he was in Clemson. Best of luck to him though!
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

My Mood
    Fight
    Don't get me wrong I am all for him to succeed believe me but until he does it against a good opponent and consistently he is just a scrub and atleast he can catch unlike our 4 year "SLASH" WR/CB in Sweed
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

wes welker was a poor mans wes welker at first....hes was an undrafted bum nobody.

you know how i usually feel about training camp heroes, but grisham has been one for 3 years running now i believe i would kinda like to see him more, they dont "need" him but i he can show that hes fearless (which is what makes wes welker the way he is" he should get a chance to make the team now

What does Hines always say?

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Thread Information