Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Kelly visiting the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Reggie Kelly visiting the Steelers

Veteran tight end Reggie Kelly is visiting the Steelers today at St. Vincent College.
    Kelly, an unrestricted free agent, has spent the last six seasons with the Bengals. The 6-4, 257-pounder caught just 10 passes for 42 yards last season but blocking is his forte.

The Steelers are intested in adding another blocking tight end to their roster even though they signed John Gilmore last week.

The Steelers lost their second-team tight end last month when Matt Spaeth signed with the Chicago Bears.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wouldn't mind having Kelly on the roster. I used to hate him when he was with the Bengals but having another veteran TE isn't a bad move. He's survived that disaster of an organization long enough to know the grass will be greener in Pittsburgh. He may not be the best receiving TE in the league but we have Heath for that. David Johnson is a pretty good blocker overall but competition breeds excellence. Let Reggie fight it out with David Johnson and the rest of the 'ends in camp and see how it shakes out.

Didn't we lose a non catching TE already? He sounds like a one trick pony...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    This would be a great move! Hes a vet, been around the block, hes smart, respected and a natural leader!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Didn't we lose a non catching TE already? He sounds like a one trick pony...
    They have a good all around TE in Heath. Johnson is a pretty good blocker, but behind those 2 there are a lot of question marks. Kelly can catch he just wasn't asked to do so much. He would probably come at a decent price too.

Blocking is key I guess with the gaps in the line we have.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

but we signed and locked up the lombardi with JOHN GILMORE already

lol kelly would be a nice blocking TE

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers were looking at another tight end to add to their roster, one whose work they knew very well. But, like a host of other free agents who have visited St. Vincent College, this one left without a contract, too.

Former Cincinnati Bengals tight end Reggie Kelly, 34, was at training camp today, but he left campus without signing a contract.

"We had a nice visit," Coach Mike Tomlin said. "We'll see where the process goes."
    Kelly played 13 seasons in the NFL, the last seven with the Bengals. He had 194 catches and 1,760 yards in his career, but he is known as a blocking tight end who is known for his ability to block defensive ends and outside linebackers.

The steelers stick to their basics all the time , building a good Offensive line with help from the TE .
    It's nice to see them stick to their principles at a fair price . Us as fans don't really acknowledge these moves , but they are very important .

Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    The steelers stick to their basics all the time , building a good Offensive line with help from the TE .
    It's nice to see them stick to their principles at a fair price . Us as fans don't really acknowledge these moves , but they are very important .
    so the "basics" ar cutting the starting left and right tackle, drafting a guard and making him play RT, using mid round picks on the likes of essex, urbik, stephenson, hills, scott, and having undrafted rookies start periodically the last 3 years in legursky, stapleton, and foster, bringing in sean mahan and hartwig (hartwig who didnt play last year still leads the league is sacks given up over 3 years) and implementing (poorly i might add) the 2-3 TE offense with less than average TEs being the #2 and 3.???? those are the basics? ugh

pouncey is the only good move, maybe bringing in flo that theyve made on the offensive line...they eve ****ed up on starks paying him obscene amounts of money only to have to cut him cause hes fat

Thread Information