Thread: Some quick thoughts on the opener in Baltimore...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Some quick thoughts on the opener in Baltimore...

I really feel that the Ravens need to win that opening game against the Steelers more then the Steelers need to win that game against the Ravens. The Ravens under Harbaugh and Flacco have been known for beating the Steelers early on in the season when the game really doesnt have as much signifgance as it does later on in the season. With that being said, the Ravens cannot afford to drop a home game to the Steelers early on in the season and go down in the head to head tiebraker right from the start. The Steelers are already in the Ravens heads enough psychologically and losing that game in Baltimore to start the season would make it 1000 times worse. There will be a ton of pressure in Baltimore from their fans and from the media to win that game against the Steelers. I think it will be another classic game but in the end I think the Steelers offense and Big Ben are the difference like they always are in Baltimore and they pull off the victory...

My Mood
    Chatty
    I think any game against the Steelers for a Ravens is a MUST WIN...I dont' think they can do it this year...I think we will own them all year.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

This is Flacco's make it or break it year! Will the pressure be too much?? I bet so, if they have less than a SB year look for some major changes (horse face flacco being one of them)

It will be a tough game, as always. The thing that concerns me the most is the possibility of injuries. These teams play hard against one another, it is week 1 and camp was short. I wouldn't be surprised to see a serious injury or two.

Torrey Smith looked lost last night. Not too worried.

If given time, Steelers passing game can exploit the Ravens secondary. Measuring up defenses, Steelers are better so the early edge is to the Steelers. I would not be surprised if the Ravens are not favored by 3 because it's a home game for them.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It wouldn't be a Steelers season without the insight of Troyisabeast_43! I agree with you, I think the pressure is on for Baltimore to win this game. They have a lot of question marks on their team after letting so many veterans go. It's important for both teams to start out strong considering this is a divisional game against the 2 teams that will content for the division.

If the Steelers get up on the Ravens you can bet that thoughts will start creeping into Flacco's head about how he can't beat the Steelers. Even if they do win it will be the second coming in Baltimore because they'll be talking Super Bowl right out of the gate.

It's important for the Steelers to stay focused, and play their game. They know these games are going to be close, they always are. Stick with the game plan, take some chances downfield on offense but most of all be stoudt on defense.

Thread Information