Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the year for Keenan Lewis?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Is this the year for Keenan Lewis?

The rash of injuries, most notably hamstring issues, have limited the Steelers secondary work so far in this years camp. Thee only constant at CB has been Keenan Lewis, who appears to be on his game and taking advantage of every snap he gets. We all remember last year when he was having a real good camp and then went into preseason and completely bombed out and ended up in Tomlin's dog house.

Curtis Brown has also gotten significant work at CB. Everyone else has either been limited by injuries or unable to report up until last night due to the CBA restrictions.

Is this the year that maybe the surprise of camp and preseason is Keenan Lewis?

the year he gets cut maybe

Cut or maybe moves to backup Safety.

Agree cut, he's got a dumbness to him!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I had high hopes for him, but after last year's preseason, I think he is closer to being cut than making the 53 man roster again.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He spent the whole year in Tomlin's doghouse after that debacle where he played so poorly and then threw his helmet. If he pulls that stunt again they'll cut him for sure.

It would be nice to see him work out and be a solid reserve corner. The way our secondary is you never what you'll get one game to the next...well maybe you do if you're the opposing offense = completed pass!

i could grow to like him at FS...hes too stiff and slow for CB imo, id be surprised if hes on the roster.

must suck to see you life long best friend become a star on the team you were both drafted to and have your head on the chopping block

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    He spent the whole year in Tomlin's doghouse after that debacle where he played so poorly and then threw his helmet. If he pulls that stunt again they'll cut him for sure.

It would be nice to see him work out and be a solid reserve corner. The way our secondary is you never what you'll get one game to the next...well maybe you do if you're the opposing offense = completed pass!
    Didn't he punch through some glass heading to the locker room during one of the preseason games last year?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i could grow to like him at FS...hes too stiff and slow for CB imo, id be surprised if hes on the roster.

must suck to see you life long best friend become a star on the team you were both drafted to and have your head on the chopping block
    The Steelers won't stick Colon at Guard, what makes you think they'll stick Lewis at Safety?

I don't necessarily think he makes the roster either, but perhaps if he has a good camp and a good preseason he can make the cut. What I'm really wanting to see is the Steelers to clean house in the secondary and get rid of all these guys who have been on the roster and done nothing. They are finally doing that on the offensive line, slowly but surely. The secondary needs a serious infusion of youth and new faces IMO.

They've been winning in spite of them though, instead of because of them. I'm really hoping that both Brown and Allen can make this team and get this secondary moving in the right direction at cornerback. They always end up relying on Ike Taylor every year and backups trying to be starters on the other side.

My Mood
    Manic
    I really don't care who makes it as long as they do there job . I don't care about dumb ness you think bradshaw was a rhoades scholar ?

Thread Information