Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of outside Free Agency signings so far by Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Why would anyone want live in that steaming pile of crap they call philadelphia? Andy Reid is like Marty Schottenheimer great during the regular season and horrible in the post season. Anyway i agree that resigning players that know the system is key this year but also there were some big names that came with reasonable price tags that could have solved the o-line issues for years to come . the same could be said for the secondary however im not as concerned with the secondary .

I don't know about the secondary. Perhaps they will benefit from depth at the D front 7. I hope so, because those games where we get spread out and they throw on us all day sure are hard to take. Let's hope the D plays this year like they did when they were all healthy in the early part of last year.
    I hate NE and I have never been an Albert H fan, but what a steal for NE. They give up a 5th in 2013. I think they improved as much as anyone in free agency.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If the Steelers even attempted to pull off the type of moves that teams like Philadelphia made, or Arizona, or even New England, I think the world would come to an end. It's just not how it works in Pittsburgh, never has, and probably never will. Build from the ground up, promote from within, build through the draft, and don't bring in too many problem children. Keep the distractions to a minimum and make sure nobody gets bigger than the team.

Steelers really don't need any free agents. They seem content with their starters who got them to the superbowl last season, plus I'm sure they are confident in their draft choices and younger players.

I like your thinking Latrobe!

It's not at all surprising that they handled it like they did. I'm also not surprised the Eagles handled it the way they did. Andy Reid and his staff are running out of time. Will he do what only Cowher was able to do? Maybe but I doubt it.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Andy Reid actually has a winning record in the playoffs.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can't buy a championship, no matter how hard you try. Every year teams go crazy in free agency trying to sign the next best thing in hopes of that "putting them over the top".

Even teams like the Patriots, they make splashes in FA every year and while they are always competitive, it hasn't yielded any more championships.

On paper there are a lot of teams you'd pencil in for the super bowl, but we all know it doesn't play out that way.

Veteran
    I'm OK with the team we have. There's a lot of really good players here that we should be OK. I just hope more than anything guys like Kiesel, Smith and Troy (guys who've been injured the last few years) stay healthy (and of course the OL!!)

Thread Information