Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFCN - Ratbirds losing vets, Cinci a mess, Browns are browns

Bookmark and Share

AFCN - Ratbirds losing vets, Cinci a mess, Browns are browns

I'm surprised nobody has created a thread about this, but I have been pretty happy seeing the Ratbirds lose some of their players. Heap, Mcgahee, Mason, Landry, Gregg, Wilson... Pretty significant if you ask me.

Cincinnatti is an absolute mess. Nobody wants to sign there and I don't see Carson caving in and actually playing for a team with such little talent on it.

The Browns are still rebuilding, but I would be surprised if they don't win more games than the Bengals this year.

Meanwhile the Steelers have retained most of their veterans, with Starks and Flozell being the only losses of any significance. Randle el wasn't gonna make the team anyways.

2nd String
    A local news guy cut the Ravens up after a watching a recent training camp practice. Apparently, the offense sucks a big one. Being from Baltimore, I frequent a Ravens forum just to keep my finger on the pulse of the local Ravens fan vibe, and most of their fans seem concerned. In fact, in most of their predictions, they have the Steelers winning both games.

I sure am glad Heap is gone, that guy can run screens and short slants on us all day long. I honestly think the Steelers are gong to destroy the Ravens this year, which is if the first year as long as I can remember I was this confident. In the past, those games could go either way, even though we win most of them.

I think the Ravens are in big trouble this year. I am confident we will easily win the division.

The Ravens losing Mason was about as significant as us losing Randle El. It was a good move and will allow Torrey Smith to get some quality time on the field. Their only big loss imo is Josh Wilson, who really stood out last year. Landry was a solid backup.
    Last edited by DanRooney; 08-07-2011 at 10:09 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Bengals are a train wreck, Mike Brown is a joke as an owner. Those Bengals fans have to be beside themselves with disgust watching their team lose year after year after year. If I were Palmer I wouldn't want to play their either.

The Browns are atleast going in the right direction. Their building a new system there with the west coast offense and retooling the defense, so it's going to take time.

The Ravens got themselves in salary cap hell so they had no choice but to cut all those players. They have talent on offense, but their secondary is still going to be questionable. They are very similar to the Steelers in many ways. I've read too though that the fans are not happy with how things are going in camp, or how the front office has let so many people go. They have some young talent there but if it doesn't pan out they'll be in trouble.

Don't drink the punch they'll still compete.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    The Ravens losing Mason was about as significant as us losing Randle El. It was a good move and will allow Torrey Smith to get some quality time on the field. Their only big loss imo is Josh Wilson, who really stood out last year. Landry was a solid backup.
    C'mon now... Mason was an every down starter. Randle El was our 4th or 5th WR. Ratbirds losing Mason is more comparable to the Steelers losing Ward.

Even if Torrey Smith, Jimmy Smith become good players, the Steelers should be able to expose as the rookies they are in game 1 of the regular season.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Does anybody recall a December 4, 2005 game at Heinz Field when T. J. Houshmandzadeh wiped his feet on a Terrible Towel after he scored a winning touchdown? Does anybody recall a month later when the Steelers beat them on their own turf in the wildcard round? Now, can anyone tell me anytime the Bengals have been remotely close to winning a Superbowl after that season? No? Ok.

Lesson: Don't disrespect our Towel. It'll bring you years of bad luck.

You can't overlook any opponents. On paper, the competition doesn't look incredibly stiff, but you never know who is going to be injured or who is going to step up. The Browns are improving, the Bengals always seem to play hard enough to at least injure a starter or two and the Ravens are always tough. It should be another interesting battle for the AFCN crown this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    You can't overlook any opponents. On paper, the competition doesn't look incredibly stiff, but you never know who is going to be injured or who is going to step up. The Browns are improving, the Bengals always seem to play hard enough to at least injure a starter or two and the Ravens are always tough. It should be another interesting battle for the AFCN crown this year.
    I agree. The Steelers seem to do their best when they play the strongest schedule. You can't overlook anybody and playing the first game in Baltimore is a little nerve wracking. Ravens fans were counting on their getting Malcolm Floyd and, when that didn't pan out, I think they were disappointed.

--- Added 8/7/2011 at 11:44 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Does anybody recall a December 4, 2005 game at Heinz Field when T. J. Houshmandzadeh wiped his feet on a Terrible Towel after he scored a winning touchdown? Does anybody recall a month later when the Steelers beat them on their own turf in the wildcard round? Now, can anyone tell me anytime the Bengals have been remotely close to winning a Superbowl after that season? No? Ok.

Lesson: Don't disrespect our Towel. It'll bring you years of bad luck.
    Yes, I was at that game in 05. You're right about the curse - same thing has happened to the ones who stomped the towel in Tennessee, but worse. In addition to the Titans going on to losing for the next 12 or so games, the careers of all the participants were essentially over after that season.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Look what happened to Tennesssee when they stepped on the towel.

The Ravens have lost alot of key guys. The biggest being Todd Heap. Mason always gave us fits. Yes they are still our biggest competitor.

The Browns could end up being a bigger factor, however. Hard to say how things will go with a new head coach.

The Bengals are in total dissaray. I wonder if they will even win 4 games this year.

The Steelers- Well alot of injuries so far. Just see what happens and how the young guys step up.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information