Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers training camp daily news and notes

Bookmark and Share

Steelers training camp daily news and notes

Dwyer and Sweed couldnt finish the conditioning tests... and the was reported on multiple sites. Is it the end of the world, no! But you have to think those are two guys fighting for roster spots.

Also, the Steelers young WR's would "welcome him with open arms", Plaxico Burress, that is. Brown said he worked out with him in Miami since his release from prison and said he looks "great" and he "still got it". Sanders said "anyone who can throw their hand in the pot to help us win a championship is more than welcome" and "we could really use him in the redzone". Wallace also offered, " i havent had the pleasure of meeting him, yet!" and "I love watching him before and would welcome here with open arms!"

i dont know if sweed failing the test has any truth to it...i read that it looked like tomlin said good job to sweed, almost like he had seen enough from him as far as conditioning goes.

in an interview today sweed says he has a clear head for the first time in a while and is 110% healthy...doesnt sound like a guy that just fails the test and was instantly in the dog house.

imo the report was overblown...but who knows...him failing the test and tomlin telling him he seen enough could look the same from far away

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont know if sweed failing the test has any truth to it...i read that it looked like tomlin said good job to sweed, almost like he had seen enough from him as far as conditioning goes.

in an interview today sweed says he has a clear head for the first time in a while and is 110% healthy...doesnt sound like a guy that just fails the test and was instantly in the dog house.

imo the report was overblown...but who knows...him failing the test and tomlin telling him he seen enough could look the same from far away
    That's exactly what I heard too. Anyway, it wasn't even a conditioning test yesterday...It was an evaluation. Tomlin just wanted to see where everyone was at coming off the lockout. Plus Being conditioned was never Limas' problem. The dude has always stayed in shape. I just hope he is more focused this year. I'm really pulling for him. Rashard and Limas back to back was almost my dream at the time, hopefully he can show us something.
    Last edited by Big T; 07-29-2011 at 03:02 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    David Johnson on his rise on the depth chart since Spaeth left the team.

“That sounds good. I am ready,” said Johnson. “You know you are going to have to show them you are ready to take on a new role.”

Casey Hampton was asked if he felt he was in shape coming into camp, and with a big smile and laugh he answered, “I don’t know man, we’ll see.”

“I am ready to get back to work and get this show on the road,” said running back Isaac Redman. “I have been working out in Pittsburgh. I was preparing for the run test. I am ready to just go. Everybody was ready to be here in camp and be around each other and bond with the rookies.”

Everyone is reporting that Sweed and Dwyer weren't able to get through the traditional run test. Both need to get their heads out of their asses if they want to play in the NFL.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Dwyer is not doing himself any favors by showing up to camp out of shape and not being able to finish the test. As a RB you should be able to do that test without that much issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Everyone is reporting that Sweed and Dwyer weren't able to get through the traditional run test. Both need to get their heads out of their asses if they want to play in the NFL.
    i want something from sweed or tomlin to confirm cause im not buying it right now

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i want something from sweed or tomlin to confirm cause im not buying it right now
    Neither am I. Dwyer I can see but, like you said, I'm not buying it about Sweed.

Lets hope that Dwyer didn't go back to his old ways during the offseason. Puff puff. He was so much fun to watch at GT, I'm hoping he can do the same for us soon.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    Lets hope that Dwyer didn't go back to his old ways during the offseason. Puff puff. He was so much fun to watch at GT, I'm hoping he can do the same for us soon.
    he never failed a drug test for smoking.

he failed a drug test for adderall, which was only because he didnt report his prescription

Thread Information