Thread: Nick Eason signs with Arizona

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Nick Eason signs with Arizona

From our friends over at CBS Sportsline:

This shouldn't be a shock to any of us, if a player leaves the Steelers they automatically go to Pittsburgh west and join Whisenhunt, Horton, and the rest of the former black 'n gold down there.

With the emergence of Ziggy Hood and the drafting of Cam Heyward, this was inevitable either now or later in preseason.

I'm not surprised given the acquisition of Heyward. I liked Eason as a backup and wish him luck in Pittsburgh West.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah he's been a decent backup, nothing spectacular and certainly nothing you'd keep on the roster over 2 #1 draft picks over the last few years.

I'm finally getting excited again about the Steelers defensive line. For years they've had busted draft picks and nobody's backing up the starting 3 and the struggles were painfully evident when someone went down with an injury.

Now with Hood and Heyward in the mix, the rotation for the defensive line is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Yeah he's been a decent backup, nothing spectacular and certainly nothing you'd keep on the roster over 2 #1 draft picks over the last few years.

I'm finally getting excited again about the Steelers defensive line. For years they've had busted draft picks and nobody's backing up the starting 3 and the struggles were painfully evident when someone went down with an injury.

Now with Hood and Heyward in the mix, the rotation for the defensive line is solid.
    I am gaining confidence in both end positions. Heyward looks like a great run stopping DE in the mold of Smith and I like Hood's ability to pressure the QB. I am very concerned with the NT position. Hampton is getting up there and has one, maybe two seasons of play left in him. I've always liked Hoke, but he is older as well. The team really needs to consider going after an NT early in the draft in the next couple years.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hoke isn't technically under contract right now either. He's expected to come back but right now he's a UFA. That leave McClendon as the main NT backup right now, so that is definitely a concern. 6'4" 280 lbs. 2nd year out of Troy St.

Thread Information