Thread: Joe Flacco......"Im pretty damn good"

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty

Joe Flacco......"Im pretty damn good"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tty-damn-good/

Joe Flacco tells his critics: “I’m pretty damn good”
    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT

APRavens quarterback Joe Flacco took an inordinate amount of criticism this offseason, and when reporters asked him about it today as players reported to the Ravens’ facilities, Flacco fired back.

“It doesn’t matter what other people say,” Flacco said, per Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun. “I think I’m pretty damn good. I don’t need to go out and tell everybody that and show it on every given Sunday. I go out there and I play. You can think what you want about me. The bottom line is: I’m going to feel pretty good about myself no matter what you say.”

Flacco was responding to comments including Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley saying Flacco will never win a Super Bowl and Bengals linebacker Dhani Jones saying Flacco is easily confused and makes mistakes under pressure. Flacco isn’t sure where that comes from.

“I really don’t quite understand it,” Flacco said. “We’ve had a good team the last three years and I think I’ve gotten better each year and played pretty darn good. I really don’t understand it. There’s nothing you can do about it.”

But Flacco says he’s working hard to show that people like Woodley and Jones are wrong.

“What motivates me is being the best quarterback in the world,” Flacco said. “You don’t play this game to be average. I play this game to be the best.”

UPDATE: Flacco’s comments are eerily similar to comments he made to Florio on a January installment of PFT Live. Apparently he tries out his material with PFT Live and then re-uses it with the local media.

Ok sir..it's your lie, you tell it anyway you want...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Hopefully he continues his track record of damn goodness; I would hate to see his quality of play decline.

My Mood
    Love
    Hey Flacco, you're not the best until you win the big game son. You're just good at sucking for now.

My Mood
    Chatty
    I"ll say hes a decent QB but he shouldn't be patting himself on the back until he at least wins a playoff game and gets to Superbowl..THEN you can say you're a "damn good" quarterback....

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Love
    Even if he goes to the super bowl and loses, i'll call him pretty good.

He pretty much looks like a horse! This is his make or break year, tons of pressure will be on him and I'm certain he'll crumble just like an egg under Max Starks foot.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Pretty damn good!?!? LMFAO! Please, just an average run of the mill qb. The guy gets happy feet and the deer in the headlights look when the pressure is on. Easily flustered. His own coaching staff wont even let him call audibles. That says a lot. They don't trust his ability to read defenses or lead a team. A couple more losses in the playoffs and they'll be looking for the next victim....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    He pretty much looks like a horse! This is his make or break year, tons of pressure will be on him and I'm certain he'll crumble just like an egg under Max Starks foot.
    You think Joe F & Tony R are related?

Thread Information