Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers agree to terms with Suisham

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Lightbulb Steelers agree to terms with Suisham

If you look over the undrafted free agent list of players that the Steelers signed yesterday, one glaring position or 2 depending on your perspective, was missing from that list. No Punters or Kickers were brought in yet.

Word is from our friends over at CBS Sports, Chuck Finder, that the team is working to bring back Shaun Suisham. He did have a real good year in the regular season but had significant struggles in the post season. Of course the epic kick of doom in the Super Bowl is still lingering in our minds, and that's enough for some to not want him back. Sushi has had problems in his career in big games with missing crucial kicks, which worries me. Again, in the regular season he was money, loved the guy! We need him to come through in the post season though.

In 2010, he was 14-15 and 19 for 19 in PATs. In the postseason he made 5 FG's and missed 3, and those 3 misses were BIG as we all remember unfortunately.

I wouldn't be opposed to the guy coming into camp and getting a shot but I really want to see some competition and let 2 or 3 guys battle it out.

Update: As of early this afternoon a deal was announced that Suisham agreed to terms on a contract with the Steelers.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-27-2011 at 01:20 PM.

im indifferent. i would have preferred bringing in some competition...kai forbath is still out there i believe from ucla

My Mood
    Chatty
    I would love to have Swissham back with the Steelers!! He did us some proper justice!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like the guy as much as anybody, but his performance in the playoffs just worries me. If there was ever a crucial time that you can't miss kicks, it's then. It's one thing to miss one here or there in the regular season but when it's win or go home, that's a concern.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I like the guy as much as anybody, but his performance in the playoffs just worries me. If there was ever a crucial time that you can't miss kicks, it's then. It's one thing to miss one here or there in the regular season but when it's win or go home, that's a concern.
    you're right...do you think maybe he was just very nervous? I don't think he's ever played in that caliber of a game before...I mean Dallas and Washington??? Seems that maybe he was extra nervous...you have a good season and then crap out during playoffs. Maybe this year he'll play better in playoffs.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Looks like he is coming back
    http://ckdp.ca/2011/07/27/shaun-suis...urgh-steelers/

Some breaking news from the pro sports world, which has a direct connection with Wallaceburg.

NFL kicker and WDSS grad Shaun Suisham has agreed to a new contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Terms of the deal are not known at this time, but we have confirmed with Suisham that an agreement is in place.

Suisham joined the Steelers mid-way through last season, and helped them reach the Super Bowl, where they fell to the Green Bay Packers.

Following the season, a 4 and a half month long lock-out, halted any player transactions.

But after Monday’s labour settlement, this has allowed teams to begin signing players and filling out their rosters.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.

He kicked well enough last year; I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him back this upcoming season.

The guy who concerns me is Sepulveda. He is a decent punter, but he is always hurt. Do the Steelers sign him, but offer a low contract, or do they go after someone else?

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    Im happy about that!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    you're right...do you think maybe he was just very nervous? I don't think he's ever played in that caliber of a game before...I mean Dallas and Washington??? Seems that maybe he was extra nervous...you have a good season and then crap out during playoffs. Maybe this year he'll play better in playoffs.
    Oh I'm sure nerves were involved, we'd be foolish to think he wasn't nervous. As a kicker though you need to have ice flowing through you veins. I do give him credit though, the Heinz Field jinx didn't seem to bother him much overall.

Sushi will be no match for Swayze in camp lol

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRcff6P_Sc[/MEDIA]

Thread Information