Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The steelers should let Ike Taylor walk

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

The steelers should let Ike Taylor walk

With such a low salary cap the steelers have many decisions to make and I'm afraid Ike wants too much money. We might have to sign a couple of serviceable veterans and mix in Lewis, Butler, Brown, and Allen. The worst is that we don't make the playoffs. What happened the last time we didn't make the playoffs, we got Pouncey so if we have to take one on the chin for a better future so be i. I'm not saying I want to lose, I'm only saying Ike is an older player who could mess up the cap for a few years.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-26-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Please use punctuation. Reading that hurts my head.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    keep ike unless we can get or have someone better. this is dicks last year. we need guys that know the system.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Holy run on sentence batman!! I edited it for you so I could breathe when I'm reading it.

The Steelers will not let Ike walk and "mess up the cap for years". When they make a deal they do it so it's cap friendly. The most they will be over the cap is around 10 million. There are plenty of players who can restructure their deals to free up room. Aaron Smith, Roethlisberger, Starks, for example. They can redo Woodley's 1 yr. franchise tag deal and free up a ton of money. They can extend Polamalu's contract and free up space. They can also restructure Harrison's deal.

If they let Ike walk it won't be because of cap room, it will be because he wants too money and they feel he's not worth it.

Lewis is a turd, toss him out. Ike will sign no questions asked..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Holy run on sentence batman!! I edited it for you so I could breathe when I'm reading it.

The Steelers will not let Ike walk and "mess up the cap for years". When they make a deal they do it so it's cap friendly. The most they will be over the cap is around 10 million. There are plenty of players who can restructure their deals to free up room. Aaron Smith, Roethlisberger, Starks, for example. They can redo Woodley's 1 yr. franchise tag deal and free up a ton of money. They can extend Polamalu's contract and free up space. They can also restructure Harrison's deal.

If they let Ike walk it won't be because of cap room, it will be because he wants too money and they feel he's not worth it.
    I'm sorry too all for my lack of punctuation.I was very tired when i posted that.BRC i know that the Steelers won't mess up the cap per se i think he might want the money more than he wants to be a Steeler.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I'm sorry too all for my lack of punctuation.I was very tired when i posted that.BRC i know that the Steelers won't mess up the cap per se i think he might want the money more than he wants to be a Steeler.
    The spacer bar should be used after each period too, lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's the million dollar question that all of the Steeler Nation has been wondering since the 2010 season ended. How much does Ike want to be a Steeler and finish out his career with the team that loves him, and a city and fan base that love him. It all comes down to the all mighty dollar once again and how much Ike thinks he has to have in what will probably be his final contract of his career, atleast the final big one.

My problem in all this is not that the Steelers won't offer him fair market value, they most certainly will. But how much money is enough for him? If the Steelers offer him another 25 million or 30 million but someone else offers him 35 million..how much is enough? It's not like he's going to have money problems at all the rest of his life. This is what irritates me to no end about sports players. That's a post for a different time though so I'll stop for now, but basically is Ike going to be willing to take a fair deal for the Steelers and finish out his career potentially winning atleast 1 more SB championship, or go somewhere else?
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-26-2011 at 09:47 AM.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    If Ike thinks he's gonna get 35 mill, he's not going to last there for 2 years before he gets cut. He's a prototypical system CB. He would absolutely have to fit the system vs. chasing dollars. If he goes for max money, he'll be on a team that doesn't have a good defense. He'll get exposed. If he's smart he'll stay with the Steelers or find a team that is similar in their schemes.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Im not 100% sold on keeping Ike and giving him the big money..although if they don't keep Ike and keep Willie Gay would that mean Gay would start

I'd love to see those new rookie CB's out there and see what they have..they HAVE to be better than Gay...I don't like Ike's off season attitude on FB about the Steelers..to stay not to stay....stay tuned i guess..

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information