Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Ziggy Hood move to Nose Tackle

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

Should Ziggy Hood move to Nose Tackle

Ziggy has the size he played nose in college we could give Mclendon and Rashon harris a shot at DE

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ziggy is more of a pass rushing defensive lineman, he's got some real good skills getting after the QB. I honestly don't see him playing NT on this team. Perhaps in a pinch if injuries ravage the defensive line but overall he's going to take Aaron Smith's spot and run with it. He can also play in Keisel's spot as well, he's got the ability to play either end. However since he has the bulk of his NFL experience at LDE, I would expect him to stay there and split time with Aaron Smith heading into 2011. With him as the primary backup and Cam Heyward waiting in the wings, I like the future of the line a lot!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-18-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Waterboy
    I like Cam Heyward to eventually take Aaron Smith's spot with Ziggy serving as the odd man out on the line and playing a bit of both NT and DE as Hampton, Hoke, and Kiesel start feeling the age/injuries.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SportBlogit View Post
    I like Cam Heyward to eventually take Aaron Smith's spot with Ziggy serving as the odd man out on the line and playing a bit of both NT and DE as Hampton, Hoke, and Kiesel start feeling the age/injuries.
    Ziggy was a 1st round draft pick and showed a huge upside in the last 1 1/2 of playing. He's the future on the defensive line along with Cam Heyward. Hampton only has about 2 years left max before he retires, and while Chris Hoke is an excellent, serviceable backup he's not the long term solution to replace Hampton. They'll have to draft a top flight NT in the next year or so. Keisel still has several years left so he's good to go.

I thought Hood looked good at the end of last season and I think he is a great prospect to replace Keisel. If Heyward can come in and stop the run (which it sounds like he is great at doing), then he makes sense as Smith's replacement. I don't think anyone on the roster is capable of coming in as the NT of the future; the team is going to have to invest a higher pick for that in the next couple of years.

Starter
    im not surprised at all to see ziggy in the lineup at NT in passing situations ... nor would i be surprised if aaron smith is not on the roster come September

Quote Originally Posted by SportBlogit View Post
    Ok KTrain, we know its you

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    When we first drafted Ziggy I honestly thought it was with the intention of moving him to nose. With the cap issues that we are clearly going to have, the FO needs to make some serious decisions. Will Smith take a pay cut? Will Casey be in shape? Just how fast do they expect Cam to play? Going to be very interesting as to what we do here.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

From what I've seen from Ziggy, I would keep him right where he is. We have another draft or two to address the NT position with a first or second round pick. I think Ziggy's ball skills in getting after the QB are too valuable.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Ok KTrain, we know its you
    LMAO:
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information