Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico Burress

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent playboy pryor's Avatar

Plaxico Burress

For the fans who are rooting for the Steelers to sign Plaxico, i believe the negative comments by Harrison,have ruined the chances. Steelers have too many players with issues. I'm still shocked Hines Ward got in trouble with the law after all these years. The Steelers will find a tall WR free agent who has no issues coming to their organzation.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers are not in the market for a tall WR or any other WR right now. There are far more pressing issues to deal with in the short time allowed coming up. I would be surprised if they go after anybody from that position when free agency starts. If Plax comes back it wouldn't be because he is necessarily a tall guy. It would be to add depth to the position due to question marks surrounding Limas Sweed and/or whether or not they want to bring back Arnaz Battle & Randle El. Ward, Wallace, Sanders, and Brown are the undisputed starting 4 guys on offense at receiver. Anybody else at this point is a bonus.

Burress is no spring chicken so he wouldn't be replacing an aging veteran on the way out either. He's a 2-3 yr. deal guy at this point to help a team for a short period of time. He won't be expensive so from that perspective it's a possibility. Even if Ward and Harrison didn't get into trouble recently I still don't see any way the Rooney's would consider bringing in Plax. I wouldn't hate the move personally, bringing back Plaxico. I liked him when he was here, I just don't see it happening.

so james harrison spews some ignorance out and ruins everything for everyone from now on?

hardly.

if the steelers want burress back, he'll be back...im sure they are at least in contention

didn't they sign some other tall guy in Wes Lyons (I may be mistaken on the name). Of course him or Sweed are nowhere near Burress' talents but they may play the wait and see game and avoid the whole negative PR runaround with signing Plex.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Draft Pick
    While I would be interested in having Plaxico back on the team, based on the latest information coming out of the meetings, it doesn't sound like the Steelers are going to have the wiggle room to sign a FA WR. They will need to address additional needs before picking up a player like him.
    I don't know the other teams that are in the same situation such as the Steelers but I am sure there are few.

The Steelers are supposedly $10 million over the cap so I doubt it

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=6749994

My Mood
    Buzzed
    While I am on board with picking Plax up, I think our lineup is still sick without him. Wallace, Ward, Brown, Sanders and maybe even Sweed as our 5th option. We still have yet to see his full potential and he had high expectations when we drafted him so who knows what we're in for this season. Wallace looks amazing and I'm excited to see Brown's second year after such an epic playoff run. He wasn't given a Superbowl his first year, but he knows what it takes to get there. This team is hungry...can't wait for some football
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 07-15-2011 at 01:59 AM.

My Mood
    Manic
    Wes lyons is signed to a developmental contract he went to pitt he's a project he could be a decent player but what i here is he is injured to often forget buress only because i think a team will overpay to get him like washington or buffalo
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 07-15-2011 at 09:25 AM.

wes lyons is not a decent player...hes a twig, hes tall, lanky, looks retarded in and out of his cuts and will get broken in half in the recieving game and bullied around in the run game.

no chance he ever actually sniffs an active nfl roster...zero

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    wes lyons is not a decent player...hes a twig, hes tall, lanky, looks retarded in and out of his cuts and will get broken in half in the recieving game and bullied around in the run game.

no chance he ever actually sniffs an active nfl roster...zero
    i never said he was a decent player? i said could be

Thread Information