Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Harrison is being James Harrison, why are we surprised?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    regardless if james was right/wrong/misquoted/misunderstood/or has the right to "speak his mind" it was still flat out not smart. he has had multiple off field issues (dismissed or not), multiple issues running his mouth w/ him already 33yrs old in a contract year... he wont finish his career in pittsburgh...

they will move Timmons out, and let Sly/Foote/Fox battle inside

James will leave and continue to run his ignorant mouth, accumulate fines and fade into post-pittsburgh FA obscurity.
    well said and I agree with alot you said here Zachintosh......It wasn't smart at all by James Harrison........

It wasn't smart at all,but in no way should this effect his stay here in Pittsburgh. The Rooneys have every right to be pissed,and I'm sure he will get an earful from them.I really don't see them getting rid of him solely because of this,it may make him less desirable to be signed but I really don't see it as that important of an issue to get rid of him any earlier then already planned...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Addicted
    he has had multiple off field issues (dismissed or not), multiple issues running his mouth w/ him already 33yrs old in a contract year... he wont finish his career in pittsburgh...
    Which is why I don't understand how everyone is so quickly accepting the "I was misquoted" excuse. Any celebrity that says something not too popular in an interview will come back a day later and say, "no, I didn't really say that, it was taken out of context." But does anyone honestly have such a hard time believing that James would say the majority of the things that he was quoted as saying in that article? I sure as hell don't.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    It wasn't smart at all,but in no way should this effect his stay here in Pittsburgh. The Rooneys have every right to be pissed,and I'm sure he will get an earful from them.I really don't see them getting rid of him solely because of this,it may make him less desirable to be signed but I really don't see it as that important of an issue to get rid of him any earlier then already planned...
    but thats just it... its not just this. Its the battery vs his gf (eventually dismissed), its the incident w his pitbull attacking his kid, its him opening his stupid mouth towards the white house

there was another fringe LB who got in trouble around that time as James' battery and his *** cut... #justsayin. The franchise has taken on a few for him already....

Which is why I don't understand how everyone is so quickly accepting the "I was misquoted" excuse. Any celebrity that says something not too popular in an interview will come back a day later and say, "no, I didn't really say that, it was taken out of context." But does anyone honestly have such a hard time believing that James would say the majority of the things that he was quoted as saying in that article? I sure as hell don't.
    I couldn't agree more...

Like I said, it doesnt matter if he was right or wrong (personally i agree w everything he said about Roger) but still you can't talk **** about your boss or your bosses boss in a publication not get in trouble.

James is a moron, thats obvious when he came to the 'burgh and he didnt know which other Kent LB that played for Pittsburgh too... i still believe this wont be forgotten and his days are numbered...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    James is a moron, thats obvious when he came to the 'burgh and he didnt know which other Kent LB that played for Pittsburgh too... i still believe this wont be forgotten and his days are numbered...
    We all said Santonio Holmes little run in with the law wouldn't cost him his place in Pittsburgh either. Look what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    We all said Santonio Holmes little run in with the law wouldn't cost him his place in Pittsburgh either. Look what happened there.
    That's a different scenario. Santonio had been arrested a half dozen times since he was drafted, he was in the final year of his contract and had stated he wanted to play in a bigger market (basically saying he wants more $) before the wake and bake scenario. Add in the wake and bake as well as the woman claiming he threw a drink in her face and he was due to serve a 4 game suspension in the final year of his contract and he wanted out anyways. Plus that was a message job for ben to get his head out of his *** after rape accusations in 2 straight offseasons. James didn't break the law here. He spoke his mind in the united states of america. Amazing how politically correct and censored society is and continues to strive being. Any time anyone says something that offends anyone u have a bunch of people calling for them to lose their jobs and its absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Yes he went about it the wrong way and yes the rooneys will discipline him but he's not getting released, nor should he, and the thought so many people are calling for it when all he did was SPEAK HIS OPINION in a supposedly free society pisses me off. This whole thought police censorship is exactly what's wrong with this country

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    That's a different scenario. Santonio had been arrested a half dozen times since he was drafted, he was in the final year of his contract and had stated he wanted to play in a bigger market (basically saying he wants more $) before the wake and bake scenario. Add in the wake and bake as well as the woman claiming he threw a drink in her face and he was due to serve a 4 game suspension in the final year of his contract and he wanted out anyways. Plus that was a message job for ben to get his head out of his *** after rape accusations in 2 straight offseasons. James didn't break the law here. He spoke his mind in the united states of america. Amazing how politically correct and censored society is and continues to strive being. Any time anyone says something that offends anyone u have a bunch of people calling for them to lose their jobs and its absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Yes he went about it the wrong way and yes the rooneys will discipline him but he's not getting released, nor should he, and the thought so many people are calling for it when all he did was SPEAK HIS OPINION in a supposedly free society pisses me off. This whole thought police censorship is exactly what's wrong with this country
    Lol. Ok, A. James didn't break the law HERE, but he has broken the law before. B. So I can go out calling a bunch of people I don't care for f*ggots in a public magazine article, right? Cause that's just freedom of speech after all. C. Nobody's asking for his right to freedom of speech to be taken away. We're asking for him to start thinking with his brain and not with whatever part of his anatomy he was actually thinking with. Cause Steeler fans already go through enough trouble proving ourselves to fans of other teams, and our top and supposedly "most respected" linebacker throwing out gay slurs and calling out his teammates is not something that we really want added to the list of idiotic things that our players have done in the past 5 years. D. I'm not calling for his job. I'm not stupid. And there's a 99.99% chance that he won't go this year or next year. But when his contract is up and the FO is deciding whether or not to resign him, one of the things that I can guarantee you they'll consider (because it is the Rooney's after all) is how many media and/or legal problems he's causing the team. And I can also guarantee that in the next 4 years he'll continue to cause more media stir, whether it's because of legal trouble or stupid things he says in interviews. And the more he talks, the more likely it gets that he won't be returning after his contract is up in 4 years or whenever it is. E. Don't start bringing out the "this is the USA" talk. James rejected an invitation to visit the White House. He isn't exactly the most upstanding American.

Take your millions of dollars, stop talking, and play the game. We wouldn't have to have these conversations if these players would keep their mouths shut for 5 seconds.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 07-16-2011 at 05:27 PM.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    All I have to say about Harrison and his comments are...... He should've thought before he spoke but Harrison is a passionate man that doesn't care what people think of him before or after the fact. Considering the road he has traveled to get to the NFL as a starter, he has a attitude and a chip on his shoulder, he calls it like he sees it, everyone else be damned, he lives by his own code and his own rules. He plays a violent game, a game that he loves being changed and torn up right before his eyes, by a man who has never played the game. He doesn't go out and kill, rape, rob, drive while impaired or do drugs. People can call him a bum, an idiot, a moron or whatever else, its not going to change the fact that Harrison is as real as it gets. I bet a years paycheck that no one from SA would walk up to him and call him out. Thank God for forums, where everybody can hide behind their screen name and say whatever they want, everyone be damned. Whatever Goodell or the Rooneys have in mind for punishment won't do anything to change who Harrison is and how he lives his life.
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 07-16-2011 at 08:52 PM.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Everyone is missing the point that I (and I think some others here) are trying to make. Nobody is denying that Harrison is right about Goodell. He is a crook, he is changing the game too much. Everyone agrees with that. What some of us disagree with is the way that he said that and even that he said anything at all. Goodell knows that the players and organizations aren't happy with him. He's not dumb. He doesn't need Harrison or anyone else for that matter to remind him of that. Calling Goodell out is not going to make things better, if anything it's going to make things worse, and not for all the players around the league that agree with what Harrison said. The only person that's going to feel the consequences of his actions is James himself, regardless of how many players he's speaking for.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Exactly I hate the Furher Goodell more then anybody and I think he is ruining the NFL....But James Harrison isn't doing himself any favors or the Steelers........I expect James to be fined even more this year which I bet leads to suspensions.......James Harrison getting flags and maybe being suspended during the season hurts the Steelers......

Thread Information