Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cromartie

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

Antonio Cromartie

I think we would all agree that NA is an unrealistic acquisition at this point .. that being said, Antonio Cromartie is the funnest thing to dream about lately imo .. i think he would rule in our system with a better pass rush and the dude is only 27 years old ... thoughts ?

My Mood
    Manic
    Cromartie is a handful off the field he's got a big mouth but i think the steelers feel like they have the secondary solidified with it's time to see what butler, lewis,brown and allen can do .the other factor is he won't be any cheaper than Ike

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With the way he acted last year in the media I don't think there's any chance he comes to Pittsburgh. Not only that but he's really not that good of a cornerback. He takes a lot of chances, gets burned, and his technique is not sound. The consensus when the Jets signed him was that he was a risk, and all or nothing type of player; attitude issues and not consistently good enough to be on the level of the elite CB's in the NFL.

Our entire secondary hinges on getting Ike Taylor back this year, he is the key cog in a unit that will for sure have different faces than last year in the regular rotation.

He seems like a doucher who really likes to run his mouth to the media. So he'd be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh, it seems. Still, I'd rather see Jonathan Joseph on the roster than Cromartie, especially if Taylor thinks he is God's gift to playing CB and demands that kind of payday, because he isn't worthy in my eyes.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    With the way he acted last year in the media I don't think there's any chance he comes to Pittsburgh. Not only that but he's really not that good of a cornerback. He takes a lot of chances, gets burned, and his technique is not sound. The consensus when the Jets signed him was that he was a risk, and all or nothing type of player; attitude issues and not consistently good enough to be on the level of the elite CB's in the NFL.

Our entire secondary hinges on getting Ike Taylor back this year, he is the key cog in a unit that will for sure have different faces than last year in the regular rotation.
    he is a good CB who needs a pass rush to survive.. im not saying he is elite, but i doubt you could put together a big list of guys that are better than he is

--- Added 7/17/2011 at 01:02 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Cromartie is a handful off the field he's got a big mouth but i think the steelers feel like they have the secondary solidified with it's time to see what butler, lewis,brown and allen can do .the other factor is he won't be any cheaper than Ike
    i agree with pretty much everything you said .. this is more of a i wish they would do it thing .. i am not really expecting anything from lewis and i dont really think the organization is either ..

IMO Cromartie is the best option if were gonna sign a CB not named Ike based on talent and price. He can catch and has some talent. Ya his character is questionable but the steeler image has already taken a hit with ben's allegations, harrison's comments and ward's possible DUI. Might as well sign based off talent not character.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cromartie is not the worst in the league by far, he is one of the better ones available I agree with that. Given the recent image hit the team has taken in the last 3 years I don't think they will go after anyone else that likes to stir the pot with pointless talk.

Although he's only 27, I think he's way overrated, not a very good tackler, suspect in one on one situations, and a loudmouth. Ike will be in the same ballpark pricewise....might as well go after Ike.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    He seems like a doucher who really likes to run his mouth to the media. So he'd be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh, it seems. Still, I'd rather see Jonathan Joseph on the roster than Cromartie, especially if Taylor thinks he is God's gift to playing CB and demands that kind of payday, because he isn't worthy in my eyes.
    i'm with ya on jonathan joseph. but i'd like to see both ike and jj...i can dream can't i?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

And our very own 92 is a saint! lol But he can make plays!

Mouth or not he's a hell of a lot better than what we have over there now, I'd take him!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information