Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Harrison is being James Harrison, why are we surprised?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Everyone is missing the point that I (and I think some others here) are trying to make. Nobody is denying that Harrison is right about Goodell. He is a crook, he is changing the game too much. Everyone agrees with that. What some of us disagree with is the way that he said that and even that he said anything at all. Goodell knows that the players and organizations aren't happy with him. He's not dumb. He doesn't need Harrison or anyone else for that matter to remind him of that. Calling Goodell out is not going to make things better, if anything it's going to make things worse, and not for all the players around the league that agree with what Harrison said. The only person that's going to feel the consequences of his actions is James himself, regardless of how many players he's speaking for.
    I get the point your making but I seriously doubt his words and his punishment will change the way he plays and the way he gets his message across. The Steelers locker room had his back last season, I don't see that changing this year. Hell, if anything it brought them closer together. Some of the things he said were abrasive and probably hurt or pissed some people off but not everyone gives a **** to be politically correct. The point I'm making is, Harrison is old school, he doesn't care if he pisses people off. He speaks from his heart, whether anyone understands where he is coming from or not, he's not going to lose sleep over it. Fines and suspensions be damned, whether he made himself a bigger target for Goodell, Harrison will fight that fight and any other fight, his way.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    James Harrison getting flags and maybe being suspended during the season hurts the Steelers......
    I definitely agree with you on that bro. In my last post, I'm not trying to stick up for or defend Harrison's actions. He is who he is, the players in the locker room know that and so does the rest of the league. Maybe if more players, coaches and even owners (Rooneys did last season), maybe they can get through to Goodell and change his evil ways (not going to happen). All we as fans can do, is strap in and hang on, it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information