Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: James Harrison calls Goodell a "Crook, and the Devil" in magazine article

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Suitable for Avatars or for you female members and visitors to drool over..LOL

That is awesome!!!! it is the middle of July...everyone is ready for some football...everyone has too much time on their hands to think about everything else...

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We haven't heard anything from Harrison since this story broke yesterday. I checked his Twitter account and he talked with Josh Cribbs back and forth a few times but other than that he's been very quiet. At some point I would think he'll make a statement on this, I'm anxious to hear what he says.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Reports from league representatives are such that the majority of them don't think Harrison will be singled out by the league for his recent comments.

Technically it's not against any conduct policy to voice your opinion about your teammates or the league. Players call out teammates all the time (not usually on the Steelers though) but regardless it may be in poor taste and bad judgment but it's not against any rules.

The Steelers will I'm sure have a comment and may take some action but even that is questionable as to how far they will take it. Everyone is worried about getting a new CBA done, that is top priority. After that it will be chaos trying to get your players signed, sign new players, get everyone to camp and ready for the season. Like I've said before, players like Harrison that have made some waves in the offseason can be thankful we're in a lockout.

If you look back at all the players who have had off season troubles this year, you hear about it for a few days and then it goes away. All the focus is the CBA and rightfully so.

"Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Good read indeed! I do not agree with the way the Harrison communicated his thoughts, although I do agree with the message, which is what this linked article also debates. Sure, he should not have said all those harsh things in that manner - It was uncalled for and most likely hurt more than helped -, yet he does have a point with his allegations against the opportunist that is Goodell and the mentioned NFL Elite.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by A Pac View Post
    Dear James Harrison, this is why you get fined so much.

Sincerely,
    Common Sense

Seriously, this guy wonders he gets fined more? He's a very good playe and I like his on the field artitude, however his mouth is a problem for the Steeler organization. I said last year that the main reason he got fined so much last year was because he said "I'm looking to hurt people.". This will only put a bigger target on his back.

--- Added 7/13/2011 at 08:07 AM ---

Also, singling out your offenses two best weapons probably isn't a good idea either. I know that Joe Greene and Terry Bradshaw hated each other, but they did what they had to do to win. We will see if the Steelers can do this from this point forward.
    I never heard that Bradshaw and Greene hated each other. Greene had Bradshaws back. Stuck up for him early on in his career when Noll was flip flopping qbs.

--- Added 7/14/2011 at 05:57 PM ---

First of all we lost the SB as a team. Harrison did little in that game himself. We had 3 turnovers, missed fg, dumb penalties (keyaron Fox). Our defense created no turnovers. Didn't stop GB when they needed to. missed fg. We were outcoached too. The team didn't play championship football in a championship game.There was plenty of blame to go around.

James who bailed out the Steelers in sb 43 when your defense failed to hold onto a 13 point lead? Yes big Ben.And who should have been ejected???? And even Peyton Manning has thrown ints. SB 44 which put the icing on the cake for the Saints.

Ok I don't like Goodell either. Not too many people do. But you're not helping your case. I'm not going to say I'm going to **** on my companies CEO. I also don't call out my coworkers. And I've wanted to punch Bruce Arians too.

All Harrison has done is make himself look like a classless jackass thug. James shut up and play football! We don't need anymore negative PR.

--- Added 7/14/2011 at 06:06 PM ---

[QUOTE=Big T;426720]Here come all the "goodbye James" and "cut him" comments lol. Dude has never been the sharpest tool in the shed. He's a badass dude who speaks his mind and doesn't give a f*ck. Certainly they were ill-advised comments but I don't see it as that big of a deal. Rashard said it himself that he doesn't care what he said because he knows James. I'm sure Ben will feel the same. Hell, those two have their own little pregame ritual together lol....

I don't buy that Rashard and Ben took this lightly, even if they said they did.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I must truthfully admit one of my first responses was punish 92 for his comments against his team members. you can blast goodell all you want and I'm fine with that!!, but geeez leave the teammates out of it. So what you're a WR now James? I've defended Harrison in the past but to call out Mendy and Big Ben (no matter how much those players down play it) is not for the media. Keep that B.S. in the locker room. It would be interesting to know if he spoke up on the sidelines or if the big badass kept his mouth shut when it was face to face and only spoke his feelings to the media two months later. Am I the only one getting sick of this off season bullsheet? Why is it a lot of fans on here are quick with the "lets cut this guy" comments? Probably because they could be sick and tired of "defending" their team to every off season negative event that seems to occur like clockwork. Are we the new Cowboys? Good on the field but in trouble off the field? Kinda makes me sick, because I think we're better than that.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    You don't cut a guy for throwing teammates under the bus. Especially the best outside linebacker in the game. He's not the first and certainly wont be the last guy to bash teammates in the media. I seem to recall Hines questioning Ben's toughness for sitting out of the baltimore game in 09 with a concussion. Don't seem to recall anyone calling for him to be released for that. However he does need to be punished and get the message. He's going to be fined by goodell regardless once a cba is reached but this also warrants a fine from the organization and a sit down with the rooneys

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    I don't like throwing your co-workers/teammates under the bus in any organization, much less a pro football team. The only exception would be whistleblowing to expose dishonest or unsafe behavior that is being ignored or supported. The responses from Ben and Rashard have been pretty dignified, IMO. That being said, I love James Harrison. I wish he would monitor his words more carefully but that's not him. The Colts didn't cut Peyton when he threw his O line under the bus after the playoff game in 2006. And the talking heads on NFL Network, Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp, said that Ray Lewis had essentially done the same thing on their show recently when he said something about the fumbles and interceptions r/t to their playoff losses (I didn't hear exact comments but obvious he was referring to Flacco). HOWEVER, they said Ray did it in a "classy" way. In other words, their opinion is that you can make derogatory statements about your teammates but if you make them in an oblique fashion and not exactly name names, it is classy?? GMAB It is just two-faced and weasely. If you have to do it at all, I would rather you put it out there and say what you think.

Thread Information