Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison calls Goodell a "Crook, and the Devil" in magazine article

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As far as this article goes, as I mentioned previously it's a very well written article. It's worth a read regardless of your feelings on the subject. I'm not endorsing Men's Journal in general but in this case you learn a lot about James that maybe you didn't know, and according to what was written it came straight from James during an interview in Arizona.

As far as calling out his teammates, that's a touchy subject even for James to enter into. I don't care about calling out Goodell, it's rather amusing if you ask me and for my money it's not untrue. However when you rip your teammates in a national media sense you start to tread in dangerous waters.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I find the fact he wanted to punch Arians absolutely hilarious. It just confirms what the rest of us know and that is that BA is an idiot.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Saying that about Roethlisberger is pretty much uncalled for. Wasn't it Ben who bailed them out in the last Super Bowl?

My Mood
    Love
    Harrison rocks. That sh!!t was hilarious. He wouldn't even urinate on Goodell if he was on fire. Speak your mind baby....testify.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just finished up a segment on Trib Live Radio, you can catch a replay of it this evening. Thanks to Ken Laird for having me on again. We talked about the Harrison comments and the article written by Men's Journal.

James will be on ESPN Sportscenter tonight at 6pm to respond to these comments. I'm sure he's being coached up by his agent as we speak.

The moment you throw teammates under the bus is when you cease to be useful. Goodbye, James Harrison.

I seriously cannot remember a QB being as disrespected (on the field) as Ben Roethlisberger is.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    James needs to keep his mouth shut....I hate Goodell also but him blasting Furher will do him no favors at all......I bet the fines will be plenty this year for James and he will miss games for sure.....He is a great player but dumber then a box of rocks....

As for calling out his teammates again just plain stupid.......Harrison must think the defense played flawless in that game as well........Nobody on the Steelers D stepped up that game and they had no answer for Aaron Rodgers and couldn't stop the Packers at all.....Numerous drops by the Packers WR's made that game closer then it really was......

Ben isn't Peyton Manning but I'm more then fine with that......Ben only led his team to a Super Bowl game winning drive against the Cards while Peyton threw a pick six in potential game tying drive against the Saints.......

James Harrison just STFU please and play football........

I'm tired of Harrison's verbal diarrhea. I get it, you're a tough guy who is persecuted by the White Devil in the head offices. Give me a break, man. Nobody cares, all this is used for is fuel for Goodell's fire. These guys could use a lesson is shutting up; it isn't cute anymore.

My Mood
    Addicted
    man i hate the offseason. and i'm tired of hearing about off the field issues for the steelers. maybe dan needs to come back from ireland and set these guys straight. this kind of stuff should be coming from other teams!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The moment you throw teammates under the bus is when you cease to be useful. Goodbye, James Harrison.

I seriously cannot remember a QB being as disrespected (on the field) as Ben Roethlisberger is.
    You don't cut a guy for throwing teammates under the bus. Especially the best outside linebacker in the game. He's not the first and certainly wont be the last guy to bash teammates in the media. I seem to recall Hines questioning Ben's toughness for sitting out of the baltimore game in 09 with a concussion. Don't seem to recall anyone calling for him to be released for that. However he does need to be punished and get the message. He's going to be fined by goodell regardless once a cba is reached but this also warrants a fine from the organization and a sit down with the rooneys

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thread Information