Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Farrior will be ready to go

Bookmark and Share
    lets stop acting like hes this unreal leader that the team cant live without....someone ALWAYS steps up in the leadership role and keeping a leader around just to lead while hes holding your team back due to lack of production is just insane....he calls the plays, someone else can do that.

and i love how leadership in an NFL or any football locker room is more closely compared to war than a game....lets be serious now

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Harrison had one of his more productive years in a long time last year, the dude has still got it. Sure he's a leader but the Steelers won't keep him around just for that. He'll be here in 2011 because he can still play, but beyond that in 2012 it's quite possible he'll retire or be released. Sylvester will be waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lets stop acting like hes this unreal leader that the team cant live without....someone ALWAYS steps up in the leadership role and keeping a leader around just to lead while hes holding your team back due to lack of production is just insane....he calls the plays, someone else can do that.

and i love how leadership in an NFL or any football locker room is more closely compared to war than a game....lets be serious now
    I think he's a great leader but that doesn't mean I think the team can't live without him. I don't believe he's been holding the team back due to lack of production either. That's the great thing about this board - we're all fans with different opinions. As far as comparing war to sports, you will never find me using those metaphors.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    I think he's a great leader but that doesn't mean I think the team can't live without him. I don't believe he's been holding the team back due to lack of production either. That's the great thing about this board - we're all fans with different opinions. As far as comparing war to sports, you will never find me using those metaphors.
    it wasnt directly straight at you, just in general...people act like ray lewis is this unbelievable irraplaceable leader on the field cause hes emotional and treats what is essentially grown men playing a kids game like an actual battle field of war and hes this untouchable general.

(still annoyed lewis was ranked the 4th best player in the league for 2011 despite being probably the 4th best player on his own defense at this point)

same thing with farrior though, hes been pretty poor on the field...ive always been a fan, and i respect his late career surge of heroics, but its time to move on...same thing with ward imo, leadership in sports is one of the most overrated things ever, leaders come and go and they always have.

right now, in my opinion james isnt playing at a high level, maybe a backup level but hes a 2 down player at best leading the defense....thats stupid, let timmons go to the MACK spot...farrior is MUCH slower than he used to be, he was a legit 4.4 guy and a HAMMER in the middle and could play any position as a LB, now hes very slow, doesnt have that sideline to sideline range, and has become a liability...he might be in good "shape" but his weight is down too, which isnt good....so timmons is the bigger, fast, more versatile and effective LB, he should be leading the defense

/end rant

lol

Thread Information