Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers' Hines Ward charged with DUI in Georgia

Bookmark and Share
    Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Yes he made a mistake however we dont know the whole story. I love how people are quick to judge when the only real judge we have is the man upstairs. I just hope he learns from this and moves on I dont care about the rest. He is an always will be a Steeler...

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro

We know that he was over the legal BAC limit, so we know enough. Stupid move, Hines. Stupid move.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Duke of 531
    I don't understand how these players still continue to get DUI's...pay someone to drive you fools...that being said i was stupid enough to get one in 1992 that damn night ended up costing me nearly $5000 and i had someone drive my car home that night only to have my girlfriend arrive at my house pissed off later that night and roused me from my stupor...like a fool i got in my car and tried to go to her house...BAD DECISION

but the way the current DUI's laws are being drawn up .08 BAC and i wouldn't be surprised if there are people who would like to lower it to .06 or .04....i am interested to see what Hines' BAC is....because continually lowering the BAC limits isn't really making the roads any safer because they are just trying to generate money by arresting the guy or woman who has a beer or glass of wine with dinner....they really need to star getting draconian on the people who are blowing .20 these are the real dangers....needless to say .20 is what my blood tested the night i got arrested and i had been stopped drinking for nearly three hours

That's the thing. It's real easy to be at or over .08 BAC. Regardless of weight, everyone who has 3 12oz. beers in a small time frame, will be over .08 . I'm sure there have been plenty of times I've been out to dinner where I had a pint of beer or two and was close or over .08... and a couple of those times I was probably driving. That's why I wouldn't be as pissed if Hines was at .08 or .09 because he could have had like 4 beers but stopped drinking for a while and figured he was fine at that point. On the other hand, he could have been smashed. But again, there is no excuse. If he knew he was going out for some drinks, he should have got a cab or found a designated driver. Let's say Hines was near .08, I'd like to know what did he do to get pulled over?

EDIT: Just after I wrote above I found a new article.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/steele...xtype=rss_news

Apparently Hines was driving his Aston Martin and hit a curb which caused police to pull him over. Hines refused a breathalizer but failed a sobriety test and he stated that he had two drinks. Police said he was cooperative but he refused a breathalyzer test? Come on Hines! Meanwhile his passanger had not been drinking and was able to drive the car away instead of it getting impounded. Why the hell wasn't that guy driving in the first place?!
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 07-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by StlersGuy View Post
    Yes he made a mistake however we dont know the whole story. I love how people are quick to judge when the only real judge we have is the man upstairs. I just hope he learns from this and moves on I dont care about the rest. He is an always will be a Steeler...

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro
    What more could he add to the story to make it ok? If you drive drunk, you drive drunk. If you endanger your life and others, you endanger your life and others. Period.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 07-09-2011 at 07:52 PM.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    So everyone here is going to convict Hines without the facts?

Atlanta lawyer Andrew Ree issued a statement saying the 35-year-old Ward cooperated fully with police and truthfully answered their questions.

''From our preliminary investigation we can tell you that we are confident that the facts will show that Hines was NOT impaired by alcohol while driving,'' Ree wrote. ''However, Hines is deeply saddened by this incident and apologizes to his fans and the Steelers organization for this distraction.''
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So it appears that it's not as bad as what we initially thought. Honestly, how many of us have had 2 drinks and drove home? Let's face it, it happens all the time. If he was distracted and hit a curb, of course the cops are going to pull him over. It's unfortunate that he didn't just take the test but it's a lesson learned. It's not like he's going to serve any jail time or like he killed someone here.

Also keep in mind, for what it's worth, we are still in the lockout so the league nor the Steelers will be able to do much too him.

Dumb *** mistake,but we all make them! refusing the breathalyzer seems a little curious to me,like he had a little more to hide. Thank the lord no one got hurt,that is the most important thing !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Ive seen worse

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Dumb *** mistake,but we all make them! refusing the breathalyzer seems a little curious to me,like he had a little more to hide. Thank the lord no one got hurt,that is the most important thing !!
    Exactly. If he only had 2 drinks, why not take the breathalyzer and clear your name? Doesn't make any sense. But because he did refuse it, none of us will probably ever know if he really only had "2 drinks" or not. The fact that he failed the field sobriety test might give us a clue, though...

Thread Information