Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pirates

My Mood
    Addicted
    Buccos are doing well!! Go Pirates!!!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    4 games over .500 and only 1 game out of first place.....What a season so far Buccos and keep it up....I can't wait for the 2nd half of the baseball season.....Its crazy typing that at the all-star break.......I hope they keep it up and if the Pirates stay in it they can take some thunder away from the Steelers in September........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    4 games over .500 and only 1 game out of first place.....What a season so far Buccos and keep it up....I can't wait for the 2nd half of the baseball season.....Its crazy typing that at the all-star break.......I hope they keep it up and if the Pirates stay in it they can take some thunder away from the Steelers in September........
    It would be nice to see the Pirates doing well again.

Duke of 531
    what a great win by the bucs today...seeing PNC park filled to capacity with emotional fans is trully great...god i hope they can keep playing this type of quality ball....the vibe in the city is just great...i haven't seen this since 1992 ...just fantastic...i would love to see them get into the post season but even if they don't i am proud of this team

BEAT EM BUCS !!!!!!! Would love to see 3 major sport contenders in the Burgh. Steelers,Pens,and Bucs .Sweet dream!!!
    Last edited by Lunchbucket; 07-10-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    ..seeing PNC park filled to capacity with emotional fans is trully great...god i hope they can keep playing this type of quality ball....the vibe in the city is just great...i haven't seen this since 1992 ...just fantastic...
    I haven't been a baseball fan for awhile now (I couldn't name 1 current Pirate but I agree it's great when you have a full stadium and a good time (at a reasonable cost too). Hopefully they can continue the run and have a Cinderella season and win it all.

Until baseball changes it revenue and salary policies they will never be a serious contender year in and year out.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    It is great to see 3 Buccos in the All Star game
    McClutchen (I added the "L")
    Hanrahan
    Correia

I hope they win the division!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I haven't been a baseball fan for awhile now (I couldn't name 1 current Pirate but I agree it's great when you have a full stadium and a good time (at a reasonable cost too). Hopefully they can continue the run and have a Cinderella season and win it all.

Until baseball changes it revenue and salary policies they will never be a serious contender year in and year out.
    The Pirates will never be a serious contender every year I agree....But teams like the Twins who have small pay rolls have shown that even small market teams can make the play-offs on a consistent basis....The key is drafting and for years the Pirates missed on their drafts.....Part of the season they took lesser talent since they were easier to sign.....But the past three drafts the Pirates havn't been doing that and have been spending a ton in their drafts and in the international market as well........The day is coming when the Pirates will be one of the best in baseball........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Pirates will never be a serious contender every year I agree....But teams like the Twins who have small pay rolls have shown that even small market teams can make the play-offs on a consistent basis....The key is drafting and for years the Pirates missed on their drafts.....Part of the season they took lesser talent since they were easier to sign.....But the past three drafts the Pirates havn't been doing that and have been spending a ton in their drafts and in the international market as well........The day is coming when the Pirates will be one of the best in baseball........

My Mood
    Mad
    We have to keep this thread alive.......The Pirates are five games over .500 and in first place.......With all the negative press the Steelers have received the past two years its refreshing to have such a positive story like the Pirates....I'm disappointed more Pittsburgh sports fans are not talking about them....**** the Steelers right now and Lets Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Thread Information