Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pirates

The Pirates

Who are you and what did you do with my Bucs?

Keep playing well boys!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Bucco's are a little over 500!
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

Definitely surprising and refreshing to see them play like this. Stay above .500 heading into the All Star break, and I like the team's chances of finishing with a winning record this year. I'm also getting a kick out of how the park seems to be filling up with fans, now. Who would have thought that actually fielding a competitive team would bring the fans?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok I started a Pirates thread alittle over a month ago and got no love....lol Yea the Buccos are having a really damn good year and have a ton of young talent.......The Pirates havn't been 4 games over .500 this late in the season since 1992.......Plus they're only 1.5 game out of first place....If the starting pitching continues to pitch well and the Pirates offense can pick it up then the Pirates might stay in the mix for the NL Central......I told my Dad already if the Pirates make the play-offs then I will buy our tix for the first post-season game in PNC Park history........To me the Pirates making the play-offs would be bigger news then the Steelers winning another Super Bowl.....We expect that from the Steelers but the Pirates actually making the play-offs would be mind blowing...lol

I had no idea.

What is the average attendance now they are playing decent?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Tonight was a sellout. They won 7-4 with an 8 inning homer from the rookie catcher Michael McKenry. Electric atmosphere at the ballpark.they could be tied for 1st tommorrow depending on other game outcomes tonight !!
    Last edited by Lunchbucket; 07-09-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Pirates are in second place as of this morning,1 game behind the Brewers.

I think I am the only Pirate fan in Perrysburg, Ohio. So anytime I talk about them I have people laugh at me. Every year I say "this is the year of the Pirates", and every year they let me down. I love them and never gave up on them. It is a minor miracle they are doing so well, or is it all the positive vibes we die hard pirate fan send out? I am happy they are doing well and I hope they continue.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Win tonight and they will be 5 games over .500..........Clint Hurdle has to be considered for manager of the year.......

Duke of 531
    Going to the game today...i really embarrassed to say this is my first game in nearly two years...i've gotten caught up in the malaise of 18 years of losing...i used to attend around 10 games a year...so it's time to man up and start getting back to bucs games...I can't sit here and complain if i'm not part of the solution in getting this team back to being perennial contenders....we have undoubtedly one of the most beautiful parks in baseball and just attending a game there is a great experience win or lose...LET"S GO BUCS

Thread Information