Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Grub

Pittsburgh Grub

Just wanted to list a few of my favorite places to eat in the Burgh when I'm home. Feel free to try any one of these places out when you are in the Burgh for a game or just visiting. You will not be disappointed. These aren't listed in any particular order.

1. Primanti's in the strip district. I list this specific location because it is the original. Any of the sandwiches on the menu will satisfy

2. Jim's Drive In- Skyline Dr West Mifflin PA (best damn hotdogs in the Burgh try the Jim's sauce instead of using ketchup)

3. Triangle Bar- The Triangle is located right near the Rankin / Swissvale borough boarders in the hood. Their subs are awesome but I don't recommend going by there at night. The staff is very friendly and the place is very clean just not a great neighborhood anymore.

4. Potato Patch at Kennywood Park- These are the best damn fries around!

If anyone else knows of some good grub in the Burgh please post up the name of the place here.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We always frequent Joe's Crab Shack at Station Square. Not unique to Pittsburgh but still very good.

Primanti Bros is a given, legendary sandwiches that everyone should try atleast once.

There used to be a place called Red Star Tavern at Station Square that had great food but they went out of business a few years ago.

The Triangle! Wow, I haven't been there in about 25 years or longer. They always did have a great sub though. How true to stay away at night.

I was never a Primati's fan. IMO they are only good at 2:15 am when you're drunk.

I'd guess it's there still there, the Original Oyster House in Market Square was always one of my favorite hang over fixes. If you aren't feeling well the day after drinking, have a fish sandwich, onion rings and an IC draft, before long you'll be ready for the day!

Tessaro's in Bloomfield was always a great burger.

Vincents pizza on Rt.30 in Forest Hills
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thanks for the responses fellas. Food is one of my favorite subjects and eating in and around the Burgh tops the list of places I love to eat.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

Quote Originally Posted by 75Steeler View Post
    Food is one of my favorite subjects and eating in and around the Burgh tops the list of places I love to eat.
    It's a toss up between food and beer for me!

Other than the Burgh where else do you go that there's something you must get to eat?

For me Blue Crabs (& beer) from July to October whenever I'm anywhere near the Chesapeake.

Although I cut back on them a Philly Cheesesteak is an awesome sandwich.

Lobster (& beer) in Maine

Hotdog (& Beer) in Chicago
    -Wayne Dyer

I also have some other favorite places to eat worth a mention.

Murrells Inlet or Charleston SC for seafood or even a good steak

Marathon Florida in the Florida Keys for the ultra fresh "catch it yourself we will cook it" type places namely Keys Fisheries.

Here in Charlotte we have a few very exceptional restaurants like 151 Main and Red Rocks that I enjoy for all of their fine foods.

My brother just opened a Rita's Italian Ice in Charlotte at Plaza Midwood. Stop in if you are in the area, mention the Steelers they are huge fans too.
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Can we get a free black 'n gold italian ice? LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    Pamela's and Deluca's!!! Best breakfast places ever.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Deep Fried Hogies at Bettis' Restaraunt.

Thread Information