Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 predictions: Steelers could go 14-2

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    It's time to get tyhe monkey off our back! I say we can run the table!!!

so optimistic...not saying theres not reason to be but come on, we know they blow some close games and lose some that they should probably win. Late season heroics and dangerous playoff team is more realistic than utter regular season dominance

My Mood
    Manic
    I know it's optimistic but if everyone does there job it's possible

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm going with another 12-4 season. indy or pats, we win one of those games.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

I could care a less if they go 10-6 and make the PO's any team that makes it has a chance to win it all.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I remember after we won the Superbowl, talks of 16-0 came into play after an initial look at our 09 schedule. pretty sure we wound up 9-7 with the Browns kicking us out of playoff contention.

14-2 is bullshit, I'll go with 11-5. We are legit Superbowl contenders again, but this team will drop a couple surprise games, maybe that Houston game and even one or two within the division. Pats and Colts aren't lay downs either.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 07-05-2011 at 02:56 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    Five losses won't make the playoffs so go ahead cheer for five losses yea 5 losses

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I think its funny how again, everyone is on the Ravens bandwagon. Reading the football mags. everyone is picking the Ravens. When it has been proven time and time again, they can't beat us in the big game. Unless ben goes down (knock on wood), flacco can not beat him. Why is it nobody ever wants us to win?

--- Added 7/9/2011 at 10:26 AM ---

I won't go as far as saying 14-2. But this team certainly has something to prove after losing in the sb. I just hope its not another letdown. We play the NFC West, the weakest division in football. But I have high expectations, and should. Who knows which teams will be a surprise. But this saying, if there is a season of course. If this team finishes anything less than the playoffs, it'll be a dissapointment.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    My thinking is Ben's foot is completely healed, Troy is completely healed, Aaron Smith is healthy ,we get Colon and Starks back Ziggy is more mature as is Wallace,Sanders,Brown.Everything points to an above average Offense.So as long as we don't let the secondary become an issue we should have a great season.Plus the addition of youth on defense we could be better on defense this year= 14-2
    I agree with your thinking on offense but we can't just let Ike walk and realistically think our secondary is going to be better right?

This team is set to return to the super bowl IF....they upgrade the secondary. If not, then we are all just wasting our time this season in thinking it's going to be special.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point in the offseason we better hope that all the players are healed up. If they aren't then something was done drastically wrong all these months since the 2010 season was over.

Everybody starts out at square one, everyone has ambitions of the post season and the super bowl. The teams that get off to the good start, stay healthy, and most importantly can maintain the consistent winning will be there in the end. Pittsburgh is a veteran team capable of just about anything. I still wouldn't go out on a limb and call ahead for a 14-2 season just yet. However a winning season and a division championship set us up well for a post season run, and that is a very real possibility.

Thread Information