Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which current Steeler players don't get the respect they deserve?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Which current Steeler players don't get the respect they deserve?

It's an interesting question, depending on how much of a Steelers homer you might be..LOL. Seriously though, there are a number of names that I can think of off the top of my head of players who don't get the respect they deserve among active players.

Heath Miller - long known to Steeler fans as one of the best in the business, but due to the nature of Steeler offenses, he just doesn't get the stats that other high profile tight ends do. Being in the AFC he is overshadowed especially by Antonio Gates and Dallas Clarke, both of whom are top notch. When Miller isn't in the game though, the offense suffers and his absence is noticeable. Something else that Heath does that both Gates and Clarke don't do nearly as well, is block! Miller has been money every year in all phases of his game. When he was down with that concussion in 2010 for a couple weeks the offense was noticeably less effective.

Rashard Mendenhall - Yeah I know he fumbled in the Super Bowl, but he was a big part of the offense all year. He rushed for 1,273 yds. and 13 Touchdowns in 2010. Sure there are players with more yds and more Touchdowns but I would argue that Rashard is as important to the Steelers as any running back in the NFL is to their team. His ability to be the power runner as well as the breakaway threat make him a unique commodity in the NFL.

Brett Keisel - Given the absence of Aaron Smith from the lineup the last couple years, Keisel has really been able to shine and take on more of a leadership role on and off the field. When he missed a few weeks with his hamstring, the defensive line missed him. Keisel is a good pass rusher while still being able to clog the lanes and help shut down the run. Is he the best DE in football, no, but he's well above average and when you talk about good players at his position his name rarely gets mentioned.

My Mood
    Addicted
    This may not be entirely true, but the first guy that comes to mind is Ike Taylor. I realize he's gotten more attention recently because of being a potential free agent, but prior to that I don't think Ike got as much publicity around the league. I agree with Miller, Mendenhall and Keisel not getting enough respect. Obviously from the stupid Top 100 Players of 2011 countdown on the NFL Network, I'd say Ben doesn't get the respect he deserves. Regardless of his off-the-field issues, Ben is a Top 20 player AT LEAST and among quarterbacks he's possibly Top 5!!

Just my opinion.

Chris

Lawrence Timmons....one of my favorite current Steelers.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Easy...

Big Ben

2 time SB winner no respect

Heath also gets no respect!!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Pouncey... What he did for the line as a rookie was unbelievable !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Manic
    I agree with Miller I also think pouncey should have won offensive rookie of the year hands down.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Another one we should be easy thinking of is James Farrior. The veteran warrior that just comes to work everyday and does his job. One of the best Steeler linebackers in the history of the team. When you think about all the great names that have played for Pittsburgh over the years on defense, this guy deserves to be named with all of them. He's the unquestioned leader on the field and the locker room. He stays healthy, plays hard every play and even at his age is still going at a high level.

Starter
    Wallace ... 5th most yards in the league .. 2nd highest YPC .. double digit TD's .. have to account for him if you are a DC ..

keisel was a pro bowler and his beard made him a celebrity.

many people in the draft community think pouncey is overrated by steeler fans, which is probably true but his rookie year was heroic.

ben roethlisberger is the obvious choice...everyone hates him, thats fine, but he has always and will always be the guy that gets no credit for wins and all the blame for losses.

I agree w/ Ben hands down...

Thread Information