Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Ike Taylor leaves for free agency who will the starters be?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

If Ike Taylor leaves for free agency who will the starters be?

C.Butler RCB 2ND Bmac
    C.Brown NB
    K. Lewis LCB 2ND C Allen
    This would be great then move Lewis or Butler to safety to replace R.Clark next year

Starter

Troy and these 3 guys

--- Added 6/23/2011 at 03:41 PM ---

at least it would be kind of funny vs. frustrating

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    C.Butler RCB 2ND Bmac
    C.Brown NB
    K. Lewis LCB 2ND C Allen
    This would be great then move Lewis or Butler to safety to replace R.Clark next year
    If Ike does leave, do the Steelers make a bid to bring in a free agent corner to help? One would think it's a definitely possibility. Either way it's going to be an open competition at that point to see who the starters are. BMac and Gay would have the edge from an experience standpoint, with Allen being the NB in that scenario.

If Ike leaves, our starters will be Burn and Toast. Not enough depth on the team as it stands to replace Ike; they would need to pursue someone in FA (if there is one).

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    agreed Ike cannot go if our DB are going to be solid....
    Troy and 3 stooges FUNNY... but true....
    I'd like to see one of the backups step up and be competitive, push BMac for the starting job...
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    If Ike leaves, our starters will be Burn and Toast. Not enough depth on the team as it stands to replace Ike; they would need to pursue someone in FA (if there is one).

Best analogy ever Rampage! LOL.

Honestly I just can't see a scenario where the Steelers allow Ike Taylor to leave. By allow to leave I mean they know they need him, you just have to think they will do whatever it takes to sign him. The Rooney's are not afraid to open up the checkbook for a veteran the caliber of Taylor. While he may not be the best ever he's earned the payday that he's going to get. The guys that have been brought in over the last few seasons at CB have not proven they can handle the load in my opinion. McFadden hasn't been the same since he left, injuries have really hurt his play. Gay is a NB, it's his best chance to be successful. Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown are unknowns but they'll get their chance to shine.

If they do let Ike go, they must really feel that the guys they have handle it because there is no FA CB out there the caliber of Ike except for Nnamdi and he's going to want a TON of money.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    If we lose Ike and don't get Namdi, coupled with the addition of CB for the Ravens, and it may be a long season. Because the Ravens are going to attack us through the air BIG TIME and our CB's will be booty..to say the least!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

If Ike leaves are starters are going to be Carlos Rogers and Bryant McFadden with Brown in the nickel.

Look for a lot of teams to go right at our weakness even with Ike in there...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Look for a lot of teams to go right at our weakness even with Ike in there...
    And that would change from last year how? LOL. Everybody knows you can't make a living running against the Steelers so why bother? They can have way too much success throwing it. It used to be that our great pass rush could make up for the deficiencies at cornerback but as we've seen the last couple years even with a good pass rush they can still get the ball out quickly. Well I should clarify, the good QB's can do that, guys like Manning and Brady, the ones with a quick release and an offense that utilizes the Tight End a lot. If there was ever one thing about a Dick Lebeau 34 defense that drives me nuts, it's how much a quality TE can shred the defense.

Thread Information