Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggs fires back at Steelers Lamarr Woodley

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Suggs fires back at Steelers Lamarr Woodley

Suggs: Woodley likes to talk out of wrong end

Part of what makes the rivalry between the Ravens and Steelers one of the best in football — other than the games, of course — is the amount of talk that goes on between players, mostly through the media. And with no football to talk about, we’ll take whatever material we can get.

The latest volley started a couple of weeks ago when Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley told NFL Network that the Ravens wouldn’t win a Super Bowl “in this lifetime” with Joe Flacco at quarterback. Flacco was expectedly ticked off, telling WBAL (courtesy of BaltimoreRavens.com) that Woodley “doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

But we know it was only a matter of time before Terrell Suggs got in the mix. He offered his own assessment of Woodley’s comments during an interview with “Sports with Coleman” on Fox 1370 Sports Radio.

“Well, you know, LaMarr Woodley is one of the guys who likes to talk out of his ***,” Suggs said. “So I’m not too much concerned what people say about my quarterback. We know what our quarterback can do. He’s just going to have to prove his naysayers wrong.”

Flacco has led the Ravens to the playoffs in each of his first three seasons, but two campaigns ended in playoff losses to the Steelers.

“I like that Joe is maturing,” Suggs recently told NFL.com. “He was expected to do that because of his success in the first year anyways. I just love that he’s been winning some playoff games, won more than he’s lost. He’s at the head of it, but as a team we just need to get over that rivalry hump to compete for a Lombardi.”
    By “rivalry hump,” we’re guessing Suggs meant the Steelers. Flacco will have his next chance at M&T Bank Stadium in Week 1
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 06-23-2011 at 11:24 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We knew it was only a matter of time before somebody from the Ratbirds fired back after Woodley's comments. I'm just surprised it took this long, but not surprised that it was Suggs that said it. You can bet this will be part of the banter and media hype during Ratbird week when the Steelers play them.

IMO Wood should of kept his pie hole shut...But he is becoming a vocal leader same as Porter was..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    IMO Wood should of kept his pie hole shut...
    I agree, I've never been a fan of trash talking although I do find it entertaining. It really is harmless and meaningless. This rivalry has become so big that I think every member of both teams play every game like it's the SB. Suggs doesn't need any motivation to try and kill Ben, it comes naturally to him.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

At first, I thought that Thuggs literally fired at Woodley. He is a Raven after all. But I guess this isn't an Atlanta nightclub. And yeah, I wish players would just shut the hell up and not trash talk; there's really no benefit in doing so, it just gives the other team(s) a rallying point.

Personally, I like the trash talking. Think about it, we do NOT lose to the Ravens when Ben plays and everybody knows it. Woodley just stated what we all knew. Now we get to see if the Ravens can step up and beat us at full strength. If they can then so be it...but if it is late in the game and Flacco loses the game for them again then it gets so engrained in his brain that he may never beat us again. I don't see how it could be bad for us. The only trash talking that I cannot stand is when a team that loses talks trash. In the ESPN era of showing the flashy plays sometimes players forget that an 80 yard int return doesn't mean jack squat if your team loses 35-10. Woodley can talk all the trash he wants in my book because he is a winner.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I have only 2 statements:

1)NO ONE CARES WHAT TERRELL THUGGS THINKS OR SAYS!!!!!!!!!

2) HOW MANY SUPERBOWLS HAVE YOU ATTENDED, OR EVEN WON????

ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREW YOU LOSER NOT A SB WIN IN YOUR LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

lol loving the hate between the linebackers. also liking that we play the ravens the first game of the season. such a huge game

My Mood
    Manic
    Woodley has naysayers?

Wasn't it Suggs that Ben threw to the ground like a bitch while throwing the ball away avoiding a neg loss on a key drive??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information