Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Deserving Hall of Famers

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Friday, your knowledge of hall of famers and who should be in is totally bizarre. I can't understand you anymore, nonetheless, your arguements are just plain stupid compare to ours.
    House, everyone is entitled to their opinions and nobodies is stupid If we all agreed on everything this place would be boring

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    House, everyone is entitled to their opinions and nobodies is stupid If we all agreed on everything this place would be boring

Entitled to their opinions, of course, but sounding like a gibberish fool, HECK NO!!! That is Friday, a gibberish fool to say Art Monk had no business being in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Friday, your knowledge of hall of famers and who should be in is totally bizarre. I can't understand you anymore, nonetheless, your arguements are just plain stupid compare to ours.
    word to the wise my friend, you should never tell anyone on a message board they're stupid or their opinion is stupid . it could come back to bite you in the *** later on.

if a player is worthy of the HOF, wouldn't you think they would be voted in the first chance they get? seriously what changes from year to year? their stats certainly don't. so why didn't art monk get in his first try? i believe while art monk was very good, he wasn't one of the best WR of all time. my opinion. same thing holds true for LC Greenwood and Donnie Shell as well. but what might hurt them more is the fact so many steelers from that era are already in the HOF.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree that so many Steelers already in from the Steel Curtain era hurt the chances for LC and Donnie.

As what changes through out the years. Well I would say the voters change is one thing. So then opinions would change.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The longer we go on, the less and less there will be voters who will remember just how much of an impact players like Shell and Greenwood had, and that's not going to help either.

My Mood
    Addicted
    An individual is nominated according to his accomplishments in the NFL. That doesn't always mean going by stats. You've got to figure in how they made their team better and what they did with their talent to make their team(s) succeed. Granted someone has a ton of yards ranked in the top 5 or so but no Championships doesn't mean he wouldn't get in. On the same side someone who is ranked in the top 20 or 30 but 4-5 Championships should he not be considered also?

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The longer we go on, the less and less there will be voters who will remember just how much of an impact players like Shell and Greenwood had, and that's not going to help either.
    To assure that older players will be considered along with the Modern Era players, a Seniors Committee, made up of nine veteran members of the overall Selection Committee, has been established to consider nominees whose active career has been completed by at least 25 years.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Wow, here's a shocker, no Art Monk.

Thread Information