Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deserving Hall of Famers

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Art Monk was one of the best wide receiver at that time in NFL History. I loved watching him play. He was a beast on the field racking up numbers like crazy before Jerry Rice ran him over. Monk is so deserving of the HOF!!! A super bowl championship and numerous NFL Records he broken in his time as Chris mentioned. Friday, you are one crazy dude.

Reppin' 724
    Regular Season stats for Mike Irvin
    You can def take Irvin off of any list to go into the Hall of Fame. If he makes it then.......

Receiving stats for Hines Ward

I apologize for how terrible the columns are with HInes' stats but...........Hines is a shoe-in, if he plays his contract out before retiring.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 01-11-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Put your stats into tables

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Art Monk caught 940 balls for 12,721 yards and caught 68 TD's.

Michael Irvin caught 750 balls for 11,904 yards and caught 65 TD's.

Monk almost caught 200 more passes Irvin. But Irvin almost matched Monk in yardage in TD's with 190 less catches. I think both belong in the Canton. Yes Micheal Irvin is a tool but he was a great WR.

As for Hines Ward he could get close to 75 to 80 TD's if he plays out his contract. I think if he does that to go along with his other stats he will be and deserve to be in Canton.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

After getting a look at the final 15 I find it reasonable that Dawson was not among the finalists. Having watched him play his entire career, however, I feel that Dawson dominated at that position more so than any other player during that time and he certainly deserves to go in. But this is a strong class. Personally, I don't think ANYONE can make a successful argument against any player on this list--certainly, all of the finalists deserve to get in. My picks for the HOF are: Irvin, Monk, Matthews, Tags, and Thurman Thomas.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

first of all i don't think its the hall of fame anymore, more like the hall of good. art monk was good, i'm not denying that. however i don't think he's hall of fame material, frankly i don't think lynn swann should be in the hall either.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    first of all i don't think its the hall of fame anymore, more like the hall of good. art monk was good, i'm not denying that. however i don't think he's hall of fame material, frankly i don't think lynn swann should be in the hall either.
    Why? Just curious.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    Why? Just curious.
    why what?

art monk had good stats, but when you look at what he did in his era was he really the best? i think largent and rice were better.

swann didn't play long enough, in fact his stats are nowhere near hall of fame material.

So Friday, you are saying it doesn't matter where an individual ranked among the all times when they retired, it has to do where they are amongst the all times when they are getting voted into the HOF? Because that's what it sounds like to me you are saying

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok Lynn Swann showed up in the big games. Look at all the great catches he made in the Super Bowls. Plus maybe you think Swann's stats suffered since the Steelers ran the ball 60 percent of the time in Swann's career. Another factor was Swann played on the same team as another great WR John Stallworth. Maybe Stallworth took catches away from Swann? I think so.

swann was good, not great. do you think corey dillon should be in the hall of fame? warrick dunn?

Thread Information