Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico Rumors

Bookmark and Share

Plaxico Rumors

Im hearing quite a bit that the coaches are interested in him, it would depend on money but i doubt hed command too much.

Bringing him back would be awesome imo, both he and randle el went off for big pay days, we brought that scrub back so why not bring back the actually talented one? Having him finish his career in pittsburgh would be great, i really think that at this stage in his and bens career they would make it look easy

I agree that I'd like to have him back. They are talking the same thing here in Philly everyday. I don't see him coming to Steelers or Philly because he wouldn't be a starter. He'll probably end up on a team that needs WR help badly simply because he'll get a bigger check.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

I agree with everything that you said, but do we really need him? We already have a great set of WRs but he is a different type of WR. I think if we cut Limas then we may go after him.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Love
    It would be pretty, damn sweet to Plax back in a Steelers uni. In some way i feel he's owed a ring for not going to the super bowl the year after he was released by the team. This guy still has so much talent and he is a tall mutha shut yo mouth and he is very quick. Hope it all works out. Hey Plax, come to Pittsburgh. Things are great there.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Of course if the money is right then no problem at all........I was a huge Burress fan when he was a Steeler and was very happy when the Steelers drafted him 8th overall in 2000.......I wanted the Steelers to resign him but it didn't happen....some of that was on Plaxico as well......

How much does Burress have left?..........I would prefer Plaxico over Tiki if the Steelers do sign a former NFL player who hasn't played in years....lol

The front of my pants just stood up a bit...I think he'd be $$$!!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

the set would be plax and wallace outside....which give ben his tall targets, but also 2 deep threats but plax is so much more than that...hes everything hines is as a blocker and hes a great route runner for a big guy, like mentioned above he has the quicks in and out of his cuts unlike most 6-5 WRs, hed make wallace a lot better as wallace grows into a more complete WR as far as after the catch, going over the middle, and his overall route tree is concerned.

Wallace and Plax working the outside, with hines playing mini TE and rotating with brown and sanders as a slot guy depending on the situation give a ton of versatility and a matchup nightmare for defenses

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You don't have to sell me on Plaxico....I loved the guy when he was a Steeler and I so would take Burress over Ward in their primes.......Plaxico scared defenses with his size/speed which could bust a scheme which Ward wasn't blessed with those natural talents......I wouldn't be against him being brought back if the money is right....But really what could we expect out of Burress at this point?......Sure he could beast but then again he might not have anything left.....What is he 34/35 years old?

33 i believe

I think just a vet he would make it look easy...while he was here he was a rep player, the more he played the better he got...he needed to get a feel for the defense and really wasnt all that good when he was cold off the bench....thats kinda how i see sweed too, but he really grew into a new WR in NY and i really think there would be some great opportunities for him to make some plays for a year or two here. And he wouldnt have to be the go to guy, he would be a tremendous role player and i think if he truly cares and wants to make a comeback, he could put up pro bowl numbers as a #2/#3 WR here becaus hes a reliable target

Starter
    if plax comes back i will buy the jersey .. at the time it was one of my all time favorite steeler draft picks .. i loved him at MSU, he was one of the first "beast" WR prospects i can rmbr

Thread Information