Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamarr Woodley: Flacco's Ravens won't go to Super Bowl in this lifetime

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Lamarr Woodley: Flacco's Ravens won't go to Super Bowl in this lifetime

Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley is becoming a man more than willing to share his opinions. He aired a few more regarding his AFC North competition on Thursday night's NFL Total Access on NFL Network and was particularly pointed about Pittsburgh's archrivals.

Asked if Ravens QB Joe Flacco can lead Baltimore to the Super Bowl, Woodley responded:
    "No, not at all because they have to go through one team -- that's the Pittsburgh Steelers in that AFC championship. So in order for them to get to the Super Bowl, they have to beat us, and we're not gonna let that happen once we get that close. So that's not gonna happen in this lifetime."
    The Flacco-led Ravens have lost in Heinz Field in two of the last three postseasons.

Woodley, a 2009 Pro Bowler with 35 sacks over the past three seasons, also weighed in on the Bengals' outlook without QB Carson Palmer:
    "Well, honestly, when they play against us, it really doesn't matter whether he's there or not. But as far as when they play against other teams, I think that missing him is a big piece of their team. … They're missing a lot of guys on that offense. So it's gonna be like starting over from scratch again if Carson don't come back."
    As for the other enemy signal caller in the division, Woodley was complimentary of Cleveland's Colt McCoy, saying: "Honestly, I think the guy's gonna be a great quarterback."

One final note, Woodley was hardly the picture of objectivity in ranking his list of the NFL's top 10 linebackers. He included all four Steelers starters and sub Larry Foote at No. 10. Pittsburgh OLB James Harrison came in at No. 1 while Woodley rated himself at No. 4 (behind Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis) and offered this self-assessment: "This guy gets after the quarterback week in, week out; he don't let up. He plays hard every play."

USA Today

lol I saw this on total access. I would have to agree, not only because they can't beat the Steelers, also because the Ravens are deteriorating.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 06-13-2011 at 01:49 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    I think one thing that people don't remember is that they changed flacco's qb coach without consulting him first which he resented i think that also coupled with the fact that he's mediocre at best is why he will never win plus they have changed asistants alot in recent years

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I think one thing that people don't remember is that they changed flacco's qb coach without consulting him first which he resented i think that also coupled with the fact that he's mediocre at best is why he will never win plus they have changed asistants alot in recent years
    Flacco is one of the best players for the Steelers right now! The way Flacco always throws that timely interception to our secondary is a work of art.

Flacco is so valuable to us that we should give him a Steelers jersey with his name and number on it. He was argueably our MVP last season. Long live Flacco!!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The way Flacco always throws that timely interception to our secondary is a work of art.
    He must have watched Vinnie Testeverde play the Steelers when he was young.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

2nd String
    Flacco is a slightly above average QB. He makes some great plays at, but he cannot be depended upon to make big plays when the game is on the line on a consistent basis. He is the best QB the Ravens have had in a long time, if not ever. As a result, the Ravens hang all of their hopes on him every year, hoping he has that "breakout year." In the meantime, the Ravens make all kinds of excuses (I know, I live just outside of Baltimore). A little late for that. I think he as already defined himself this late in his career, and he ain't gonna get that much better at his point.

Game after game he comes out flat-footed, uninspired, and moves in an automaton manner. He is no leader, that is for sure. As has been discussed adnauseum, the Ravens stacked their team with "star receivers" and still no luck. I say they give up on him in the next year or two. It will be interesting to see who they for a real competition at starting, not a predetermined second stringer.

At some point, Ben will lose to Flacco. Statistics will bear that out. Baltimore will celebrate like they won the Super Bowl. However, Ben will dominate.

I feel the Ravens and Steelers are evenly matched in many areas. I remember hearing a comparison on their defensives stats in the last decade. They were literally first and second in the league in a bunch of stats. However, Ben has x-factor, he will do whatever it takes to win a game. Flacco is a one trick pony.

I look forward to the next match!

Flacco is a jackal with big horse teeth...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the only way the balt. felons make it to the SB is when PITT does not make the playoffs and Felons have to play Clev or Cinn in the AFC Championship!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    To this point Woodley's comments can't really be refuted. The Steelers have ousted them from the playoffs time after time. Even this past year when they added big names to their WR corp like Boldin and Stallworth, seemingly putting them over the top, it still doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    To this point Woodley's comments can't really be refuted. The Steelers have ousted them from the playoffs time after time. Even this past year when they added big names to their WR corp like Boldin and Stallworth, seemingly putting them over the top, it still doesn't happen.
    While this is very true, he fails to consider what may happen if we have to face NE in the playoffs before the Ravens do.

Flacco doesn't seem to have what it takes right now but he may one day. Look at who was at qb the year they did win the SB.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information