Thread: Hey NFL- The fans have had enough!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Hey NFL- The fans have had enough!

This morning, for whatever reason, I found myself beyond fed up with this NFL lockout. Nothing new for a dedicated fan, but this morning seemed to be worse than normal. Obviously it's been going on for months now, and been in the works for years. Regardless of who's fault it is, and it is the fault of BOTH sides equally, enough is enough!

Don't tease the fans with these "secret meetings". You act like we're supposed to be impressed that you're finally doing what you should have been doing months, if not years ago. We're supposed to believe that both sides are actively trying to work out their differences, yet each day goes by and we're still sitting here in this lockout. The courts threaten you with "neither side will like the outcome" statements, so you finally decide to get it in gear and try and work out a solution? It should never have come to this. You waited till the last possible minute, literally, to avoid the lockout in the first place. Every fan knew it wasn't going to work; you can't fix years of broken talks in a couple weeks of last ditch efforts. You don't care about the fans, that much is clear. You can say all you want about making the NFL the best it can be for the fans, the players, and the league itself. Anybody with half a brain knows the real reasons you guys can't make up your minds, it's called pride and greed. A group of adults who are part of the biggest and best sport on the planet can't compromise enough to keep the game going that we all love. It shows a complete lack of dedication and commitment to the game we care about so passionately.

The fans are suffering through all of this just as much as anyone else involved. Right now we should be excited to see the new players on our teams out in OTA's, learning the playbook, and getting contracts signed so they are ready for training camp that should be starting later next month. We should be talking about the 2011 schedule, what games we are going to try and attend, and working out fall activities so we can be sure to not miss that important matchup on TV. Now we have no idea if buying a ticket is even worth it since nobody will tell us if refunds will be issued for games that may get cancelled. We should be excited that after months of offseason activities we are nearly ready to get back under way for the new season. Yet here we are clinging to any news we can get from a group of people who are clearly not motivated enough to get the job done with any sense of urgency..

There is no excuse to leave the table when things are not settled. Don't tell us you're going to meet for a few days or a week in secret talks, and then say "oh well we'll be back soon with more serious talks". It's beyond the time to get serious, you should have been serious months ago. You are clearly not dedicated enough to work something out if either side is ok with talking for a short time and then leaving to come back "later on". You should be sitting down every morning at 8am and not leaving until the sun sets, and then do it again the next day, and the next day, until an agreement is settled. That's what football should mean to you, because that's what football means to us!

A disgruntled, fed up, fan!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 06-09-2011 at 01:20 PM.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Well said...it is the middle of June already..this is ridiculous...

Thanks for the sig Flea

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I have been fed since it began really........I'm fine with the NFL being ruined.....I don't like the direction the league is heading under *** clown Goodell anyway.......If regular season games are missed I'm walking away from it as a fan and my only interest in the NFL for me will be in fantasy/betting wise.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Thanks gal, I'm just so tired of this circle of BS that the media is telling us and the lack of commitment both sides have shown thus far. The players and the owners make generic statements about the meetings and how they are working hard to come to an agreement. Somebody somewhere then gets word that leaked out from an unknown source that maybe there is significant progress being made, and we're supposed to be excited about that. Day after day goes by and here we sit still...

This disgruntled fan is seriously considering boycotting this NFL season regardless of the outcome of any talks at this point.

I'm beyond pissed off at the greed and selfishness by the owners & players alike.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Manic
    you mean the owners waited till the last minute the players claim they reached out to the owners in 2008

Very well written, BR!! God, I love football so much...can't see myself ever boycotting it...like Larry the Cable Guy, just wish they would "get er done"!!

Thread Information