Thread: Ham Salad??

Hybrid View

Ham Salad??

Does anyone have a good recipie for Ham Salad? I miss the stuff I buy when I'm back home in Pittsburgh and wanted to recreate it here in Charlotte for my kid to grow up on like I did in the Burgh.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

So I gave making Ham Salad a shot. Michelle picked up some nice deli ham from the grocery store and I began cutting it into tiny pieces and put it in a bowl. I then added several large spoons of mayo and a large spoon of relish. The taste was very good but I wasn't satisfied with the size of the ham. I'd have liked it smaller. I'm going to get one of those old fashioned table grinders and try it that way. Will keep yinz poste.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

My Mood
    Sunshine
    try putting the ham through a blender or food processor.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

I used to work in a deli ,many years ago , one thing ya also may consider is that ham salad most of the time is not just ham... we used the ends of different kinds of meat, ham . bologna mainly, maybe some salami ...it depended on who was making it as to what was going in...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

I did try a small piece of ham in a blender and the result wasn't very good. Our food processor is a piece of junk according to the wife (I'm of the opinion this is just a bid for a new one) so I didn't try that. I really never gave any thought to using any meat other than ham but maybe next time I will give that a shot. I'm checking ebay for one of those old fashioned metal food grinders that clamp to a table or countertop. As a kid I remember my best friend's mom making ham salad and using one of those and it worked well. She used to let us help her. Just can't remember all of her ingredients cause I was 5 or 6 when we did that.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Did you try Google

I loved the ol' metal clamp-down grinders! I used bologna, threw in some sweet pickles, cut up some hard boiled eggs and added the mayo...the kids loved it!

Waterboy
    ham salad is very tasty.it odes have the nutrition.it is low in sodium and good source for vitamin
    hog roast

Thread Information