Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many more years does Casey Hampton have left?

Bookmark and Share
    i just dont think his late career surge should be confused with playing like he did in his prime...when he is on the field and fresh he does everything hes supposed to do, the problem is he wears down 10x faster now and doenst rumble downhill much anymore.

love casey, always have....but his time is running out, i could see him signing a deal with someone who runs a 43 with a mean rotation to give him less snaps and less responsibility but as a fulltime 34 NT those days are long gone

Starter
    do you foresee more sets with hood in at nose? tbh i really would not be surprised to see Kiesel, Heyward and Hood on the field in "passing situations" (excluding aaron smith on purpose)

hood played his best lined up at NT, he held his ground and didnt revert back to his tendencies to not play with power at DE, but rather try to get the edge and look like an OLB. lined up over center he locks on and out works the blockers....i actually think he could be a hell of a NT if he added 15-20 more pounds (his frame may actually be maxed out, he did work on it big time in college making his body mass just multiply) he wouldnt be a traditional NT in our defense but he could certainly provide an interior attacking force from the position and he can definitely hold his own one on one vs a center (cant always say the same when he plays DE though, hes madly inconsitent)

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He said the week before the super bowl last year that he's not getting any younger, he can't play as many snaps consistently like he used too. He knows he's entering the twilight of his career, that's why winning the big game last year was so important to him. He hasn't mentioned retirement since then that I know of, I think he wants another shot at it before hanging it up and he'll hang on for about 2 years before finally calling it quits.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we screwed up not taking powe in the 6th
    AGREED!
    :logospin:

Tailgate Coordinator
    I give him 2 seasons.

I'm A "Champion"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we screwed up not taking powe in the 6th
    You might be right. And in my mind there is little doubt that powe would make the team too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information