Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projecting The Starters: Offense

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Cool

Projecting The Starters: Offense

Every year you’ll see teams with different starters across the board, due to scheme changes, retirements, players leaving and just plain under performing athletes. The Pittsburgh Steelers, luckily are NOT one of these teams. The starters from year to year remain fairly constant.

We’re going to take a look at the players that I expect to be starting on week one, without taking into consideration any injuries, because no one can predict those.

We’ll start with the offense and do the defense tomorrow.
    Steelers Chronicle

Let's see everyone else's predictions too.

My Mood
    Manic
    I think we have an advantage over teams that need rookie help

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think the starters on offense are pretty set and we'll see very little change from last year. You're projections look pretty solid to me. The only question mark might be at RG but I also think Ramon Foster is going to grab that job and hold onto it. It will be a good battle to watch and hopefully we'll end up with some good depth out of it.

David Johnson will get his work in at FB in short yardage situations, he did pretty well over all. I must admit I did like seeing Doug Legursky back there leading the way. LOL

I look for Hines to still be the starter of course opposite Mike Wallace, but the way Bruce Arians runs his offense both Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown will get significant work. I'm confident in our WR corps more than I have been in a very long time.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Foster is just a stop gap...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeed!!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Cool
    Limas Sweed gunnin' for the starting job in 2012!

i think sweed still makes the team and has a breakout year. dont be surprised when hes an outside guy with sanders and brown rotating in the slot and both playing in 4 wide sets.

only spots on offense up for grabs are going to be RG, possibly RT, the entire WR depth chart (even though the players are set), FB, and #2 TE

sweed will provide a big, physical presence on the outside and allow ward to work the underneath, and sanders and brown to compete hard for reps (which is a good thing cause i love them both) but i do expect sweed to get playing time on the outside.

camp will be big for him, he has to show that he can tackle on ST to replace battle, and he has to show he can be better than el (which imo should be easy for him)

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Its a make or break year for Sweed and I agree he could still be a play maker for this offense especially since he is the only WR with some height on the roster........I still think Sanders will see some time on the outside but if Sweed can get it together then the Steelers passing game could be scary good.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sweed has no excuse to not be on top of his game. He should be well over his injury by now and all the time spent last year in meetings and practices should help him. If he stays healthy there's no excuse for him not to succeed. If he does then we have an even better problem to deal with, you can't have too many good targets for Ben to throw too.

I personally would like to see Legursky at the guard positions more. I think he is very serviceable and will only get better with more experience. Really wouldn't mind us bringing in a guy like Robert Gallery to compete at one of the guard positions either.

Thread Information