Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Quarterback in the NFL

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Best Quarterback in the NFL

Who is the best QB in the game today? No matter how much we love to hate Brady & Manning their names are up there somewhere... Where does Ben fit in this list? Discuss...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

To me, pound for pound, I'll take Ben with the chip on his shoulder every time. I realize I'm a homer too, but given 2 mins or less to do your thing or go home I" ll take Ben in that drill every time. Particularly when here and every where he can see he doesn't get that #1 spot in the minds of many. Keeps adding to that chip.

So, 2 mins or less to win it all or go home, I'll take Ben over any of them and that includes Brady and Manning. IMO

I've never liked Brady or Manning as the best QBs because I don't think they would do half as well outside of their respective systems. Hell, every Colts draft seems like it is 90% o-line or WR just to keep Manning happy.

That said, after the playoffs, I think that guy named Aaron Rodgers could be my vote for the best QB in the league. He's got a cannon arm, he can make every throw, he's mobile and he's not a pussy. Kind of like Brady's ability when it comes to precision with Ben's ability to scramble and keep the play alive.

Yea Aaron Rodgers

I hope Ben is low on the list and the Ravens are picked to win the division...every year. Rodgers is the new stud on the block.

My Mood
    Cool
    It depends on what you define as best, if you're going for stat, Manning's the best. If you're going for rings then right now, Brady's the best. If you want the two minute offense, Roethlisberger's the best.

Anyway, five names off the top of my head, not necessarily in order:

-Tom Brady
    -Peyton Manning
    -Aaron Rodgers
    -Drew Brees
    -Ben Roethlisberger

I think if you don't see those names in your top 5, then it's flawed. I'd probably have Manning near the middle of the pack, because in my opinion his leadership is terrible. He trashes teammates to the media, and that's not something the leader of your team needs to be doing.

Starter
    I have always said that Ben takes does whatever it takes to get it done. If the team needs a clutch sideline pass at to stop the clock for a field goal, if the team needs a QB sneak to keep the drive alive, if the team needs a scramble to stay in the game, if the team needs the QB to play with a broken nose, a broken foot, and still do all of that, I will take Ben. He does so many things to win games. He finds new ways to win games on a regular basis.

"Best" is obviously subjective outside of stats. Brady is football throwing superhuman. The man can throw the football like nobody's business. Rodgers is more flexible, and in my opinion, a better QB than Brady, and possibly using standard quantifiers, the best QB in the league. I think Ben has redefined the quarterback position. Unfortunately, I don't think he will be around too long as he plays so hard and he relies on his size and athleticism more so than most QB's. That will take it's toll. I don't think he will be happy standing around trying to throw the football from the pocket.

Oh yeah, I love Manning, but as each year goes by I think he moves further from being included this conversation.
    Last edited by Speeed; 05-21-2011 at 10:52 PM.

My Mood
    Cool
    I don't think he will be happy standing around trying to throw the football from the pocket.
    That's what they said about Michael Vick as well, but he seemed to be able to calm down and stay in the pocket more and more as the year went on. I think Ben will be about the same, rely on what can work for him while it's working and slowly mature into a pocket passer.

Then again, he could be a pocket passer at the moment, and just doesn't have the protection to display those skills.

`

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
    It depends on what you define as best, if you're going for stat, Manning's the best. If you're going for rings then right now, Brady's the best. If you want the two minute offense, Roethlisberger's the best.

Anyway, five names off the top of my head, not necessarily in order:

-Tom Brady
    -Peyton Manning
    -Aaron Rodgers
    -Drew Brees
    -Ben Roethlisberger

I think if you don't see those names in your top 5, then it's flawed. I'd probably have Manning near the middle of the pack, because in my opinion his leadership is terrible. He trashes teammates to the media, and that's not something the leader of your team needs to be doing.
    I would agree with that list pretty much dead on. From just a pure top 5 standpoint, the best of the best, that's the group there. As you mentioned each one has a unique specialty that makes them better than the others. Pure pocket passer, Manning no question. Brady would be a close second but he also brings the ability to scramble when needed and can read defenses near flawlessly.

Ben, Drew, and Aaron all have a combination of abilities that make them stellar. I will say, not because I'm a Steeler fan but because it's the truth. With the game on the line I want Ben behind center to try and win me the game.

My Mood
    Manic
    1. Brady
    2. Manning
    3. Roethlisberger
    4. Brees
    5. Rodgers
    I put ben third because he has played in 3 super bowls and has two victories all the others may have better stats but there is only one stat that really counts and that is winning he has the second best winning percentage on this list.I would also say he runs the best two minute drill on the list and lastly if Brady ,Manning or Brees had the offensive line that Ben had with the exception of the 2006 team i don't think that they would have handled it as well as Ben
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 05-22-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Thread Information