Thread: Blitzburgh Defense...

Bookmark and Share

Blitzburgh Defense...

Sorry i've been gone for so long, work has had me very busy latley..i have been having this discussion with several different fan bases, one being the ravens...lol. Since the 70's pittsburgh has always had at least one dominate or over intimidating defensive player. one that may not have been the best coming out of college but just manages to evolve into a beast like harrison and woodley. With coaches coming and going how is it that pittsburgh can always maintain our lights out d for over 4 decades? and with the coaching door keeping on revolving how do we keep training our players to be so dominant out there on the feild. pittsburgh is one of the few teams that i know of where the d ( excluding some games of course) are always the top or near the top of every defensive catagory for the 4 decades?

My Mood
    Manic
    Well there are several reasons why the Steelers remain dominant and the main reasons are Consistency,Character,Philosophy,and Coaching .We are always consistent.Our players always are of high character.We believe in our Philosophy.Our ownership let's our Coaching Staff be autonomous and our Coaches are among the league's best

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Well there are several reasons why the Steelers remain dominant and the main reasons are Consistency,Character,Philosophy,and Coaching .We are always consistent.Our players always are of high character.We believe in our Philosophy.Our ownership let's our Coaching Staff be autonomous and our Coaches are among the league's best

Our philosophys, style of play, and consistency are all confirmed by our many SB appearances and victories.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The credit for all the success over the decades goes first to the Rooney's. They have run the Steelers consistently year after year, not waivering in their philosophy on how to build a winning team.

They surround themselves with quality front office people and coaches, who in turn surround themselves with quality players. If you don't buy into the Rooney way of how a team is run you don't last very long. It's proven to be successful with our records over the decades and our 6 super bowl trophies.

Thread Information