Thread: 'Dancing with the Stars' Kym Johnson Taken Out on a Stretcher, Hines Ward Reacts

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation 'Dancing with the Stars' Kym Johnson Taken Out on a Stretcher, Hines Ward Reacts

From ET Online

'Dancing with the Stars' dancer Kym Johnson, Hines Ward's partner this season, has just been carried out of rehearsals on a stretcher that's being brought to a L.A. hospital. No word yet on her condition or what caused the ambulance to be called.
    Our cameras caught up with a very serious and concerned Hines Ward outside of the hospital, where he told us that he didn't know what was going on, but was going in to find out.
    Kym's rep states that she injured herself during rehearsals today and was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures, to assure that she is ok.
    The dancing duo has remained a favorite to win the Mirror Ball trophy in the show's 12th season, consistently receiving high scores from judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli.
    Watch tonight's ET for exclusive footage of Hines Ward reacting to Kym's injury.
    Let's hope she is ok and this hospital trip is indeed just precautionary. If she can't return that will be a huge blow to Ward's chances of winning the competition.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 05-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    What happens if she can't come back? He just gets a different partner?

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Charlie Batch is the back up.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    He'll dance with the karate kid!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yes normally they'll assign a new professional partner in that case. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Hines and Kym have spent a long time building up a rapport which has helped them a lot in getting as far as they have.

Big Snack can replace her!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Update from Access Hollywood

Kym Johnson -- ABC

UPDATED: 'Dancing With The Stars' Pro Kym Johnson Taken To Hospital, Now Wearing Neck Brace & 'Sore'

Fri May 13, 6:17 PM PDT

"Dancing with the Stars" ballroom professional Kym Johnson suffered an injury during rehearsal on Friday, Access Hollywood has learned.

"Kym injured herself during rehearsals today," the dancer's rep told Access. "She was taken to hospital for precautionary measures, to assure she is OK."

On Friday night, a rep for the show released a statement to Access Hollywood, noting that Kym was doing better.

"Kym Johnson was admitted to the hospital today immediately after falling and injuring her neck during practice. After several tests, she was cleared by the medical staff, though she is bruised, sore and currently wearing a neck brace. Kym plans to continue with Hines Ward in the competition and resume rehearsals as soon as possible," the statement from "DWTS" read.

Fellow professional Louis van Amstel, was first to suggest that Kym did not suffer a serious injury on Friday afternoon.

"@kym_johnson I'm glad to hear you're fine!!!! Xoxo," Louis Tweeted.
    Access caught up with another of Kym's fellow pro dancer Mark Ballas on Friday, and the charming ballroom hunk offered his well wishes for Kym.

"Kym got a little injured today and went to the hospital and we're just praying for her and hoping that she'll be alright," Mark told Access at his rehearsal with Chelsea Kane in Los Angeles. "She's a tough cookie. I'm sure she'll bounce back and she'll be ready to get out there with Hines [Ward] and take care of business. But we're wishing her the best."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Kym is scheduled to perform three grueling dances on the reality competition next week with her celebrity partner, Hines, as the show enters its semifinal round.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 05-14-2011 at 09:49 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Don't forget everyone, tonight is the semi finals. The winners move on the final round so Hines needs your vote more than ever. Even if you don't normally vote do it tonight! Use you cell phone, home phone, and emails to get your support in for Hines!

Last I read via her tweets, Kym was able to practice and was feeling better.

Thread Information