Thread: 2012 NFL draft question

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

2012 NFL draft question

ok, worst case scenario, the players and owners can't get their act together and the entire season is canceled.

will there be a 2012 draft? and if so what will be the draft order?

does anybody know?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Cool
    As long as the college season goes on, there will be a draft, as for the draft order, I'm not sure but I'd assume that it would stay the same, since the draft order is effected by the team's record/whether or not they were in the playoffs in the previous season and should there be no 2011-2012 season, the current draft order would reflect that.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There will always, always, be an NFL draft no matter what happens to the regular season labor talks. That's about the only real constant that we can count on year and year out. As for the order, I'd tend to agree with TJ, that they would probably keep the same order as the previous year. Or perhaps they would just draw numbers out of a hat so to speak and randomly get the order since nobody knows how the season would have turned out.

Rookie Free Agent Mr. Goosemahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There will always, always, be an NFL draft no matter what happens to the regular season labor talks. That's about the only real constant that we can count on year and year out. As for the order, I'd tend to agree with TJ, that they would probably keep the same order as the previous year. Or perhaps they would just draw numbers out of a hat so to speak and randomly get the order since nobody knows how the season would have turned out.
    They could have a lottery pick based on record, like in the NBA. Teams with the best records have the least amount of chance of getting the #1 overall pick, but it technically could happen. That way, the order isn't the same but the odds to get an early pick aren't the same for all teams.

Thread Information