Thread: Hotel review from Fan Blitz 2011

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Hotel review from Fan Blitz 2011

There were some good things to say about the Mainstay Suites in Pittsburgh, but a few things that would keep me away in the future.

Good things -

-Couch was comfortable
    -Kitchen was good size
    -Having a full size refrigerator/freezer was a huge plus to hold all that beer and food.
    -HD television in the room.
    -Rooms were decent sized.
    -Wifi access was solid and had good speeds.

Bad things -

-Beds were ROCK hard. When I say rock hard I mean beyond Rock hard.
    -No daily maid service to atleast come and pick up the towels and leave fresh ones. We had to call to the front desk to have them picked up each day and new ones brought down.
    -Not many channels on the TV. Not a biggie but still would have been nice to have NFL Network.
    -Sofa bed was way more comfortable than the real beds.
    -Continental breakfast was subpar. For a place like the Mainstay Suites, designed for people generally staying longer than a night or 2 you would think their breakfast would be alittle more robust.

What do you guys think? Honestly the horrible beds are enough for me to go elsewhere next year. I literally didn't sleep more than 8 hours the whole 3 nights we were there, combined.

Now some of that was Nova's snoring (and other bodily actions that will remain nameless), me being sick, and just generally accomodating 6 people per room all with various sleeping habits and bed times. Overall though, I can't see me staying there next year because those beds were just beyond hard.

My Mood
    Smokin
    I have to agree the beds were a major problem...but it was nice to sleep 6 in a room, makes it cheaper and we all get to hang out more. Plus it was nice to have the bigger room when we were all hanging out at night together...

I do agree the maid service part was bad. The breakfast was average...I have seen better and worse.

It was a very nice hotel...but I am with you...I would of been lucky if I got 6 hours of sleep total the 3 nights...they really should invest in new beds...and you could really hear the people above you...not on the sides because I think we would of heard nova snore from the sound of it...but you could hear above you...liked that there were public bathrooms right outside of our rooms..we needed those...

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Horny
    Yes the rooms were a pretty good size, and the full kitchen was a huge plus!!! but the beds were hard as a rock! my back is still hurting from those things! It was kinda cool to have a little basketball court to play around with , and they also had a gas grill that you could use which i thought was pretty cool. But i am with you the beds alone might keep me away!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It was nice having the bigger rooms to hang out in and not having to use ice in coolers 24/7 to keep beer and food cold. The basketball court was nice too, good call. Especially since I won every game of "pig"

There are other places that have similar rooms like we stayed in that we might be able to check out for next year.

After the upcoming event for Training Camp we'll see where ya want to stay....just saying

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    After the upcoming event for Training Camp we'll see where ya want to stay....just saying

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It was nice having the bigger rooms to hang out in and not having to use ice in coolers 24/7 to keep beer and food cold. The basketball court was nice too, good call. Especially since I won every game of "pig"

There are other places that have similar rooms like we stayed in that we might be able to check out for next year.
    first one out does not mean you won

Thanks for the sig Flea

I slept on top of Shell each night... and she's pretty soft.... so I have no idea what you're talking about when you say rock hard bed.

The location was pretty convienient too... once we found out that we were taking the long way around to get to places... thanks to my brilliant GPS device.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    I slept on top of Shell each night... and she's pretty soft.... so I have no idea what you're talking about when you say rock hard bed.

The location was pretty convienient too... once we found out that we were taking the long way around to get to places... thanks to my brilliant GPS device.
    AGAIN...IT IS THE OPERATOR

yeah..we have the same one...so I dont know what was up with that

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    . The basketball court was nice too, good call. Especially since I won every game of "pig"

Thread Information