Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter about Bin Laden... 5/4, Mendenhall explains intentions.

Bookmark and Share

Rashard Mendenhall Twitter about Bin Laden... 5/4, Mendenhall explains intentions.

"Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I saw his tweets as soon as the news started breaking, the #steelers timeline that I normally follow was blowing up with everyone excited and rejoicing about what happened. All the usual peeps that I tweet with thought it was a bit odd too.

Obviously he's entitled to his opinion, and it sounds to be that he is really into the conspiracy theorist line of thinking. That's fine, I'm not judging him for that, but I do think it's a bit odd that he would stand up for a dude like Bin Laden.

I also saw a lot of tweets about those concerned that so many were celebrating the death of another human being. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on, I'll agree that it seemed odd what Mendy tweeted up.

You're right it's a to each their own thing, I'm just not a huge fan of posting on twitter....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    You're right it's a to each their own thing, I'm just not a huge fan of posting on twitter....
    I'm with you to each there own. I too not a twitter fan I do have an account but dont use it that much.

Sent from my Droid on the now network!

I'm not a fan of celebrating anyone's death. The guy was a terrorist and killed many innocent people, but us parading in the streets after the fact just makes us look as foolish as the radical Muslims who did the same thing on 9/11.

In a way I feel like Rashard because I just couldn't see myself celebrating the fact that a human was killed. Even though he was the mastermind behind a lot of deaths him being killed brings no one back and I don't feel it calls for me to celebrate. His life was not equal to all those he killed and he didn't die as horible as they did so where is the victory?
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 05-03-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

I have no problems with how he feels, and he (you all) make very good points, I guess my beef is with twitter and how the media will twist it (or anything for that matter).
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At it's peak, there were over 5,100 tweets going off every second about Bin Ladens death. Most were happy Osama was dead, many posting up jokes about it, others were posting up photo's of him, pretty much everything you can think of.

Twitter can't possibly monitor their traffic so pretty much whatever you can think of can be tweeted out to the world instantly. Especially for celebrities like Mendenhall who have hundreds of thousands of followers, if not millions, you can just imagine how quickly the word spreads all over the world.

I think some people are probably taking it out of context in thinking that is he is some radical, terrorist, supporter because of what he tweeted up. None of us know him personally but I'd be willing to bet he just wanted to try and make people think about what happened. Celebrating death is a touchy subject. Perhaps he feels that things like 9/11 and the Bin Laden terrorist attacks are government cover ups. Who knows ( and let's not turn this into a political thing ).

Either way if he wanted to stir the pot, he certainly accomplished that. LOL

Twitter is where everyone can see it and now hes is going to be judged solely on these comments as a human being. He is currently a trending topic on Twitter. People are saying Rashard should be deported and should die. Some even went as far as calling Rashard himself a terrorist. I can see what he means by celebrating death but I think he should have just kept that to himself because it paints another bad image on the Steelers whether we as fans like it or not.

Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney II on Rashard Mendenhall Tweets

“I have not spoken with Rashard so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments. The entire Steelers’ organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon.”

Thread Information