Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter about Bin Laden... 5/4, Mendenhall explains intentions.

Bookmark and Share
    Duke of 531
    peoples selective moral outrage is almost reaching absurd levels...i could just imagine if ben roethlisberger tweeted that he thought that the confederacy had some valid points on slavery, but americans just were too dumb to listen...or that hitler had some justification for trying to exterminate the jews...we would not be having a discussion on free speech....we would be talking about his career with the steelers being over

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    peoples selective moral outrage is almost reaching absurd levels...i could just imagine if ben roethlisberger tweeted that he thought that the confederacy had some valid points on slavery, but americans just were too dumb to listen...or that hitler had some justification for trying to exterminate the jews...we would not be having a discussion on free speech....we would be talking about his career with the steelers being over
    First of all, all moral is selective like it or not. It is not like Mendenhall is preaching the Islam ways of life and justify terrorism, he is merely making a point regarding celebrating the death of another human being. This you can agree with or not, but that is hardly the same example of, for instance, the killing of over a million Jews such as Hitler did. If there ever were a selective thing in this threads it would be that kind of juxtaposition.

I think most people thought that the comment on the 9/11 thing was rather stupid, including myself. As Train said, these are often undereducated kids who may or may not understand physics or construction-work. Does that justify him, as a role-model or athlete, to question it? Not really and for this he said he was sorry.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Duke of 531
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    First of all, all moral is selective like it or not. It is not like Mendenhall is preaching the Islam ways of life and justify terrorism, he is merely making a point regarding celebrating the death of another human being. This you can agree with or not, but that is hardly the same example of, for instance, the killing of over a million Jews such as Hitler did. If there ever were a selective thing in this threads it would be that kind of juxtaposition.

I think most people thought that the comment on the 9/11 thing was rather stupid, including myself. As Train said, these are often undereducated kids who may or may not understand physics or construction-work. Does that justify him, as a role-model or athlete, to question it? Not really and for this he said he was sorry.
    my problem isn't with what mendenhall said about the dancing in the streets , i wish that stuff didn't happen ...it was the part about listening to bin ladens side of the story...bin ladens side of the story is hate i don't care about the confederacy's hatred or,hitler's or bin ladens's reasonings for why they kill... my selective morality scenario is about hate... if one would say something hateful about someones race or sexual preference people would be all up in arms... but when it's just about america well take your shots...because we don't care about that just about race and sexual preference

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I think Mendenhall should be practicing how to hold on to the ball. All that energy he's using to tweet messages should be channeled to his forarms and hands.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Seriously, this is no joking matter and I for one respect Mendy's viewpoints and right to say.

Hey, check out his last FB entry!

Last edited by Dobre Shunka; 05-05-2011 at 01:02 AM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wow talk about something being way over blown....At first I was like WTF but really he said something foolish on his twitter account......Lets just move on and get over it....If people don't like Mendenhall for saying stupid things then ok and if people still like Mendenhall then cool.......

Lock out just end so us fans can enjoy the season.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's already in the past, nobody's talking about it anymore now that Hines went and got arrested for stealing a car today (insert sarcasm here).

Never a dull moment these days with our Steelers that's for sure.

On a serious note though, the Steelers aren't suddenly going to trade Mendenhall or otherwise alienate him for this. If they can put up with everything that happened to Ben in the last couple years I'm quite sure they can hang with Mendenhall over this misunderstanding.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Mendy needs to stfu! We've had enough bad PR this past year. Don't fumble in the SB!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dobre Shunka View Post
    Seriously, this is no joking matter and I for one respect Mendy's viewpoints and right to say.

IMAGE POST OF THE YEAR!!! IMO.

I love it!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Dobre Shunka View Post

Here's a few more I saw on a different forum:

Thread Information