Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter about Bin Laden... 5/4, Mendenhall explains intentions.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pimp
    He's an idiot on twitter. I'm not done with him... He's a good back minus his fumbling issues...

Hrs also a pussy for taking down his tweet about the twin towers. If that's the way he feels, so be it.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He's an idiot on twitter. I'm not done with him... He's a good back minus his fumbling issues...

Hrs also a pussy for taking down his tweet about the twin towers. If that's the way he feels, so be it.
    I don't really understand him taking the post down either. What's done is done.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

I bet that someone with "strong" relations to Rooney "hinted" to Mendenhall that taking the tweets down would be a wise career move.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Looks as though someone definitely got to him because he has tweeted a link to an apology he wrote on what I believe is his blog or website.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    From his blog http://r34mendenhall.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I appreciate those of you who have decided to read this letter and attain a greater understanding of my recent twitter posts. I see how they have gotten misconstrued, and wanted to use this outlet as a way to clear up all things that do not truthfully represent myself, what I stand for personally, and any organization that I am a part of.

First, I want people to understand that I am not in support of Bin Laden, or against the USA. I understand how devastating 9/11 was to this country and to the people whose families were affected. Not just in the US, but families all over the world who had relatives in the World Trade Centers. My heart goes out to the troops who fight for our freedoms everyday, not being certain if they will have the opportunity to return home, and the families who watch their loved ones bravely go off to war. Last year, I was grateful enough to have the opportunity to travel over seas and participate in a football camp put on for the children of US troops stationed in Germany. It was a special experience. These events have had a significant impact in my life.

“What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...”

This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don’t believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics. In the bible, Ezekiel 33:11 states, “Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!...”. I wasn’t questioning Bin Laden’s evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man’s death.

Nothing I said was meant to stir up controversy. It was my way to generate conversation. In looking at my timeline in its entirety, everything that I’ve said is with the intent of expressing a wide array of ideas and generating open and honest discussions, something I believe we as American citizens should be able to do. Most opinions will not be fully agreed upon and are not meant to be. However, I believe every opinion should be respected or at least given some thought. I apologize for the timing as such a sensitive matter, but it was not meant to do harm. I apologize to anyone I unintentionally harmed with anything that I said, or any hurtful interpretation that was made and put in my name.

It was only meant to encourage anyone reading it to think.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 05-04-2011 at 04:11 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Mendy is right on target. In addition to 911, Bin Laden death is a hoax. Reputable sources know he's been on ice since 2001, after dying of kidney failure. Go to infowars.com. Sadly, he will likely be censored. NFL gets a boatload of cash for military advertising. And NFL.com will brook no dissent from the "offical story." I know, I got censored for disagreeing with Vic Carucci for buying into the hoax. Go Steelers, go Mendy!
    STEELSPIKES

That's a well written response and something you kind of figured was coming. Although I don't think he needed to quote the bible and I kind of doubt that he wrote it. If he really did know and believe in that verse he probably never would have said what he did in the first place. I'd guess that his teammate number 43 sort of has a similar feeling about celebrating a death and could quote many verses from the bible. But did he feel the need to tell the world?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

he's a young guy that made a mistake, dont we all make mistakes?

he will learn, give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    That's a well written response and something you kind of figured was coming. Although I don't think he needed to quote the bible and I kind of doubt that he wrote it. If he really did know and believe in that verse he probably never would have said what he did in the first place. I'd guess that his teammate number 43 sort of has a similar feeling about celebrating a death and could quote many verses from the bible. But did he feel the need to tell the world?
    Who knows.. I'm pretty sure that Rashard is really religious so the quote could be real. I'm not going to say that this obviously is a written statement made by someone else than Rashard, but that is to be expected. Players rarely do those things them self (see: James Harrison).
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information