Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rashard Mendenhall Twitter about Bin Laden... 5/4, Mendenhall explains intentions.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    first the "i'm a slave because i play in the nfl" and now this? sorry, but i'm done with him. wouldn't care one bit if the steelers cut ties with him, even though they won't. i'm all for freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean i have to like what he said either...that's my right as well.

what these statements that he's made during the off-season says to me is that he's a mental midget. and i'd rather not have to cheer for somebody like him. those are my thoughts and feelings on it. you can disagree with me on them and that's fine too.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

everyone can have their own opinion, keep in mind a lot of these guys are pretty uneducated for former college students and if he wants to believe conspiracy theories brought to light by guys like michael moore and other documentaries i really dont care.

cant hate on a guy for having his own opinion about what really happened

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    first the "i'm a slave because i play in the nfl" and now this? sorry, but i'm done with him.
    lol this is insane reasoning to be done with a player

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Rooney says Mendenhall's comments hard to comprehend

Tuesday, May 03, 2011
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers president Art Rooney II said this morning that halfback Rashard Mendenhall's comments about 9/11 and Osama bin Laden's death were hard to comprehend.

"I have not spoken with Rashard so it is hard to explain or even comprehend what he meant with his recent Twitter comments," Rooney said in a statement released by the Steelers this morning. "The entire Steelers' organization is very proud of the job our military personnel have done and we can only hope this leads to our troops coming home soon."

Among Mendenhall's series of Tweets about 9/11 Monday evening:

• "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style"

• "I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

• "Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn in hell . . . I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11123...#ixzz1LIc44gEt

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    The most important free speech in our country is the speech we like least and we cannot take this for granted. We have the right to disagree with our president, our government, our judges, etc. without fear of penalty and this is something that very few people in the world have. I do not agree with what Mendy is saying, but I will always fight for his right to say it.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol this is insane reasoning to be done with a player
    i still read mendy as meaning to say.. you put each black guy on the block, check his teeth, bones, muscles, speed., size and is sold to the highest bidder.

he is right it parallels slavery... in the purchasing process, not the work for free issue... thats obvious their millionaires.. ... think a bit logically it makes sense.

Certainly don't want this thread getting out of control (which it could very easily), he has said some things via twitter that I personally think he should of avoided..

The slave thing is a weird one that I don't even want to touch.
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 05-03-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I couldn't care less about what he thinks about the world. He is entitled to that just as everyone else. Its not even all that outrageous what he is stating. The world is kinda off when you feel like celebrating death. The 9/11 thing is just dumb though.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Don't forget too, Ryan Clark started the whole NFL & Slavery thing. The fact that Mendenhall adds fuel to that fire just makes it all the worse.

He has every right to feel any way he chooses, and to some degree I see where the players might feel like "slaves" so to speak in these labor talks. However, it's not like the players have to stay anywhere or take a certain amount of money. They are free to sign with whoever they want once their initial contract is up. It's hardly poverty wages or otherwise a case where they can't leave if they want too.

I'd hate to be the Steelers PR department that's for sure.

With all due respect to you twitter diehards, I personally think it's gay, times were much better without this high tech way to make an *** of yourself!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information