Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players to keep an eye on for 2012

Bookmark and Share

Players to keep an eye on for 2012

All my hardwork over the last year is now over...i got to see some of my favorite players go to teams i hate, got to see players i think will fail go to teams i think they will certainly fail with (Dalton) and overall im extremely happy with the steelers 2011 draft. Not flashy by any means but 3 starters down the road at the very least and 3 of my favorite players in the draft to see in a steelers uniform.

I do this every year, and yes...Cameron Heyward was on my last years one...check out this thread for some awesome posts from 2010 about 2011

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24682

Not in any particular order, just some names to let sink in for the upcoming year

Mike Brewster C/G OSU - would be the final chapter to a monumental change from below average to elite oline

Jayron Hosely CB Va Tech - Not the biggest guy but is simply terrific in coverage...dont need big, physical corners if the ball never gets close to them

Don'ta hightower MLB Bama - A hammer in the middle...imo a better physical prospect than rolando mcclain, not quite the football player though

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson - I think TE is going to be a need soon, hes one of the better ones available in the 2012 draft...good pass catcher

Ray Ray Armstrong FS Miami - Huge FS, but is going to be a special player...been on teams radars since high school

Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington- Probably a mid round guy but will likely be one of the better NT prospect next year (not looking like a great year for them)

Kenny Tate FS Maryland - Pretty much the same size as Armstrong, next years safety class will liekly put this years to shame

David Paulson TE Oregon - Same idea as Allen

Blair Walsh K Georgia - Gonna put the best college kicker on the steelers radar until further notice

Feel free to add guys

My Mood
    Cool
    I love me some Ray Ray.

Starter
    I look at the WR position .. not that I think we have a shot at Jeffery or Blackmon, but maybe Floyd ... i think we look to upgrade this spot in '12

janoris jenkins ... who knows how good of a fit he is or how much his recent otf activities will hurt him, but he can play for sure ...

Sean Spence is the best player on Miami's D next year imo .. not a fit for us prolly, but he is a human highlight reel ..

My Mood
    Manic
    what about minifield s kid

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Michael Floyd is a baller.......

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    I look at the WR position .. not that I think we have a shot at Jeffery or Blackmon, but maybe Floyd ... i think we look to upgrade this spot in '12

janoris jenkins ... who knows how good of a fit he is or how much his recent otf activities will hurt him, but he can play for sure ...

Sean Spence is the best player on Miami's D next year imo .. not a fit for us prolly, but he is a human highlight reel ..
    floyd with his 2 DUIs now and Jenkins being kicked off florida because of his 3rd arrest for weed makes them no possibilities for the steelers imo. and i love both of them btw...both will grade out as top 10 picks talent wise

Starter
    yeah, i know, it sux ..

How do you rank Jeffery, Blackmon and Floyd? Blackmon is such a beast, i really really like him ..

What do you think of Kirkpatrick?

--- Added 5/3/2011 at 11:04 AM ---

i think blackmon is better than floyd, but i am not sure about jeffery

--- Added 5/3/2011 at 11:04 AM ---

is Kalil all he is cracked up to be?

I like blackmon slightly more than jeffrey, i think blackmon would have been a top 15 pick this year and he will likely be the first guy taken next year.

dre kirkpatrick is real nice physically but i dont really see the hype on him, although i would expect him to be the top CB next year at this point.

kalil is really good. ryan kalil is an awesome center and was a good prospect, but matt shames him as a prospect and not just based on being a LT but being way more skilled at the same point in their careers
    Last edited by K Train; 08-30-2011 at 11:55 AM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Notre Dame should have put me on their pay roll I would have been Floyd's designated driver....I'm only 30 minutes from South Bend....lol

Waterboy
    I think Ray Ray is a SS otherwise I'd love to get him. People to potentially add to the list:
    Manti Te'o/ILB-Notre Dame
    Vontaze Burfict/ILB-Arizona State
    Luke Kuechly/ILB-Boston College
    Courney Upshaw/ILB-Alabama
    Robert Lester/FS-Alabama
    TJ McDonald/FS-USC
    Janzen Jackson/FS-Tennessee

Thread Information